The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

35mm Summilux ASPH on G1?

I've got one of these lenses, and no camera to use it on. Can't really justify using 135 film anymore, and am not likely either to spring for an M8.

Naturally on the G1 I'd be losing the focal length, but might the 35 Lux not make a really nice portrait lens? Anyone got samples?

Thanks!

This is one of the lenses I am most looking forward to trying on the G1. Should make a great 70/1.4, that's for sure. As soon as I get the camera (soon), and an adapter, I'll post some images.....Peter

Please do post them, Peter. I'm also interested in seeing what the combination can create. :)

Kurt
Sure thing Kurt. I just this second pulled the e-bay trigger on a G1. I'm on Stephan's wait list for an adapter, or I'll get one from Dirk in Japan. And....I'm also looking forward to that 90/2 AA on the G1, a 180/2 should have similar quality to the Nikon 200/2, (sans VR of course), as the one posted image from this lens indicates. best...Peter

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Peter,

As I'm late on looking into the G1 (and it does look like a fun piece of gear) I'm guessing that R lenses can also be used via adapter? If so, I might have to reacquire one of my favorite long lost friends, an 80/1.4.

That 90/2 is quite the number, isn't it? :)

Kurt

Terry

I think you can already use R lenses but it is two adapters m4/3 to 4/3rds and 4/3 to R. Both adapters exist and are made by Panasonic and Leica.

I'm looking at a fotodiox adapter for F mount to the G1. I see one, also $27, f-4/3rds. Is the 4/3rd mount the same as the micro 4/3? And it seems to good to be true, is the quality OK and safe to use on my nice nikkors, I'm thinking the 28/2 AI-S in particular. Thanks....Peter

Y.B.Hudson III

Yehh, innerimager...you have to mate the f-4/3 to the Lumix DMW-MA1...the quality of my R-4/3 fotodiox is excellent...

Hudson...

barjohn

I have one complaint about the Fotodiox adaptor. Though it appears to be well made and everything is snug as you mount and turn the lens, after the lens reaches the stop it wobbles in the adaptor. It doesn't seem to effect the picture but that bothers me.

monza

Hmm, you might want to exchange it. Mine is very tight, no wobble at all. In fact the rotational 'play' between the G1 and Panasonic 4/3 adapter is greater (although not much at all) than the 'play' between the Fotodiox and the lens.