The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware Update 1.3 for GX7

jfwfoto

Thanks for the link. I had searched Panasonic for that and not found it. Pressing the 'play' button was the element I was lacking. I loaded the BIN file on a reformatted card and followed instructions but got the 'no picture to display' dialog which is supposed to indicate no update needed but 'Version disp" shows version 1.2. I have no problem with WIFI so the update is not really important to me but I would like to run it anyway. Any suggestions?

krist8

I just did it for my daughter's GX7. You need to format the SD card. Then copy the .bin file onto the top level of the SD card (if you look at the card on a computer file manager, you will see there are a few folders on it. Put the .bin file on the top level. Turn on GX7 and it will recognize the file.