The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rabenwolf C-Mount adapter for a 0.95 TV lens?

GDI

I have a very nice Canon 0.95 50mm TV lens I'd like to try out with the G1. I see I can buy an adapter that I think would fit from "Rabenwolf" on eBay, does anyone have experience with him and his work? It is pretty expensive.

I was thinking of having the lens converted to M Mount and comparing with another I have, but if it can be used non-destructively on the G1, I might just go that route.

Here is a sample of one I converted to M Mount on the M8...

Thanks....

V

Vivek

GDI, What an awesome shot!:)

If you already have the lens in M mount, you can use it with an M adapter (m4/3rds to m).

rabenwolf (Wolfgang Rabe) does this adapter things as a hobby. He is very reliable. I have bought many items from him over the past years (so have a couple of others in this forum).

GDI

Thanks Vivek - its my only cat shot! :)

I am anxiously waiting the availability of the Cameraquest M adapter. I really don't know what to do with the TV lens - so this is a way to get some use....

monza

There is a c-mount adapter for G1 coming from Japan that will be sold by Japan Exposures (formerly Megaperls, of eyepiece magnifier fame.) They also sell the M adapter for the G1 (same one Cameraquest will be selling.)

http://www.japanexposures.com/

P

psurfer

The cat pic was taken (don't want to say Cat, and Shot in the same sentence) w/the Canon? -Is it a big sucker (the lens)?

GDI

The cat pic was taken (don't want to say Cat, and Shot in the same sentence) w/the Canon? -Is it a big sucker (the lens)?

Yes the above is the Canon - but NOT on the G1. It was on the M8. I think the lens is pretty large, here it is in original mount (Canon 7) and on an M3...

Here is a non-cat shot...

V

Vivek

Y'know, sometime ago, I was watching a couple of these 50/.95 with consecutive serial numbers on ebay. ;)

P

psurfer

Really? Can the c-mt version even be the same lens design?

V

Vivek

Peter, There are no c-mount versions. The 50/0.95 TV lens (breech lock mount of Canon 7) came with a c-mount adapter. Two twists and the adapter comes off.

P

psurfer

Ah, right, thanks for clearing that up. I thought GDI had some odd Canon "TV" lens in c-mount for early video cameras.

GDI

Ah, right, thanks for clearing that up. I thought GDI had some odd Canon "TV" lens in c-mount for early video cameras.

Vivek is right - the rear lens cap is a c-mount adapter! I don't think there will be any vignetting on the G1!

Last edited:
P

psurfer

GDI, I've already seen web shots of a nicely-finished adptr from some far east source; expect to be seeing those -at lower cost- fairly soon.

GDI

GDI, I've already seen web shots of a nicely-finished adptr from some far east source; expect to be seeing those -at lower cost- fairly soon.

Great! please keep us informed. And if you have any tips on reliable sources of some of the super fast wide cine lens please let me know. I am new to these lenses and am not sure where and what to look for - you and Vivek seem to be the local gurus! :)