The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just got a blue one

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I just bought a blue one from a member with the kit lens and the long zoom plus a extra battery, extremely low shot count . Be here Friday before i go to Moab. Leica also sent me several lenses for the workshop to demo and Jack has the adapter, so i will get a chance to try some Leica glass on it. I do have a question i have a 16gb SDHC card. I would assume this will be fine.

here is what Leica is sending for the workshop. The Tri-elmer not sure anyone tried yet

M8.2
Tri-Elmar
24/3.8
75/2.5
50/2
28/2.8

Terry

someone on LUF tried the WATE and said it was not satisfying going from 32mm-42mm (too small a range) and as slow as the kit.

Last edited:

Howard

Guy,

From all you have written, I knew you would get one. Good luck with your G1. I look forward to you posting some samples with the Leica lenses.

The inevitable has happened. Why not in "Pro" red.
I thought by now, everyone knew the blue one has lower noise at hi ISOs than the red...:rolleyes:

BTW, got my Nikon adapter yesterday, so I can use my AF 60/2.8 macro (old one, with an aperture ring, luckily enough...). Heavy beast, not the best balance, but works great. Just waiting for the spring flowers.....and, of course, the Leica M adapter :angel:

bensonga

I thought by now, everyone knew the blue one has lower noise at hi ISOs than the red...:rolleyes:
Now if this was one of the motorcycle forums...we'd be talking about which was the faster one...blue, red, yellow, black....take your pick. Personally, I've always liked the yellow motorcycles, but for some reason stick with the black cameras. That yellow Hasselblad just never did it for me. I haven't seen the blue G1 however. :)

Congratulations on the new camera Guy. You do get all the good toys, don't you? :salute:

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
Gary: my third Norton was yellow.

Guy: you will love the 75cron on the G1; take a lot of people shots at Moab while eating those chili & egg breakfasts

Brian Mosley

Congratulations Guy - can't wait to see your Moab shots!

Do you use ND grads? what are you doing for the kit lenses?

I've got ND grads for my 4/3rds lenses... very useful.

Kind Regards

Brian

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Folks, looking forward to joining in the fun. You guy's have been killing me with having so much fun lately. Seriously I had no chance in hell trying to not buy one. Great excuse i say. I am getting the kit lens that comes with it and the longer zoom but as soon as a very wide zoom comes out I maybe stampeding the line to get one. Mike has his CV12 coming to Moab if he does not sell it first and that maybe a fun lens there along with the 75 summarit. The lens I really want is the 50 pre asph again. Just love the look of that lens. Anyway hopefully having the M8 there also I can do some comparative images. There will be 3 G1's in Moab about 8 M8's, 4 Phase One MF, One Hassy for sure, Some Canon and some Nikon stuff. So it should be fun to see all the different camera's record this workshop. Now I have to get in Phase Ones ear about supporting the G1 files.

Terry

Anyone try a Leica 90mm M Macro yet. Might be a great macro with the G1
Guy to get close-up you need the adapter which has the goggle part that wouldn't fit. We haven't been able to try the OUFRO yet to see what that does. For macro seeems like the Oly 50 macro is the one so far.

jonoslack

Guy to get close-up you need the adapter which has the goggle part that wouldn't fit. We haven't been able to try the OUFRO yet to see what that does. For macro seeems like the Oly 50 macro is the one so far.
I've tried the OUFRO
It's fab . . . . no pictures at the moment as I'm in the office (damn - after 23 years working from a home office . . . I'm now commuting 40 minutes).

Guy - congratulations . . . if you want wide, then the current best bet is the Olympus 9-18 4:3 lens with an adaptor - it's still small, and works really well. Of course, there is a 7-14 coming later.

Hey Guy- Blue too! Besides the Leicas there are some f-mounts I can't wait to try. The Zeiss 50/2 and 100/2 makros could be quite amazing with the pixel density of the G1 and the magnified focus for macro work. best....Peter

Brian Mosley

The 7-14 will definitely be worth a good look... but I don't believe it will take filters, so the 9-18 is worth getting now imho. Fully supports CDAF, super sharp lens with an EFL of only 18-36mm

Kind Regards

Brian

Guy Mancuso

I will have to take a look at all this stuff and figure out the best adapters as well. Jack and Mike have some adapters now i can try out this week coming to play with. This is going to be fun to play around with.

jonoslack

Nightmare :bugeyes:... save the planet, work from home! :angel:

Kind Regards

Brian
Dunno about saving the planet - I'd guess that heating that barn used up more energy than driving to the office!

It's certainly different - now I only work 8 hours a day instead of 10 or 12, and the drive is all country roads (no rush hour or jams).

It's different, and a change is as good as a rest