The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter

GDI

Anyone see or try these adapters yet? I'm still waiting on one from Cameraquest, which I guess will probably be similar to the Rayqual one. Wonder if this is a good alternative?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Leica-M-lens-to-Panasonic-G1-DMC-G1-micro-4-3-adapter_W0QQitemZ110341536080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLens_Accessories?hash=item110341536080&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Wow, they are breaking new ground with that price! May be worth a try...

V

Vivek

Good price, indeed.

My recommendation would be the RayQual adapter. The best design.:thumbs:

Worth the extra $.

W

wblynch

Made in Shanghai. I keep remembering those photos of the guy making a mound of dirt and pouring molten aluminum into it, then machining it into a Leica to G1 converter!! :)

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
I purchased three adaptors from him, Leica R to 4/3, Nikon to 4/3, and Hasselblad to Nikon. They are all very well made and tight fit. His Leica R to 4/3 is better made than the Fotodiox adaptor. If I have the G1, I won't hesitate to buy the adaptor from him.

BTW, I am not related to this guy.

Cheers,

P

psurfer

Let Freedom Ring

I was just about to post this info as well, good to see news travels fast.
Yay! Round 1 of the adptr price wars. Eventually they'll get closer to $20, like most other format adptrs, making the m4/3 mount more "barrier-free".

-& Great to hear they're well made, thanks mssr. Ocean!

Leica 77

Over the past few years, I bought several 4/3 lens adapters for Nikon, Leica R, Contax, and Pentax (M42 and K mount) lenses from Jinfinance in Shanghai on eBay.* Jinfinance has steadily improved their products and they are of high quality.* I would be most curious to hear from those who have already purchased the new Leica M - Micro 4/3 lens adapters from Jinfinance.* The price is certainly attractive, about 1/2 of an equivalent Rayqual adapter.*Attached is a digital image of Shanghai I recorded during my last visit in 2008, using one of my favorite Digital SLRs -- Nikon D2H. Thanks. Leica 77

Last edited:
R

Ranger 9

Did you guys get the same email I got, about how shipping is going to be delayed because the Chinese post office's express mail service shuts down for Chinese New Year?

Did you guys get the same email I got, about how shipping is going to be delayed because the Chinese post office's express mail service shuts down for Chinese New Year?
Not directly, but it was already on ebay in answer to a question "... but once the holidays ends on 2/1"
Chinese New Year holidays are like the December vacation in the West

Hacker

Chinese New Year is 15 days long. Of course, that does not translate to 15-day long public holidays.

A

azul123

I got the email too, looks like my order went in just before their Chinese New Year closure, still... it will be 2-3weeks to get at my door step.

Eager to see if their adapter, lens can be dettached like the RayQual adapter.

monza

A member of another forum emailed this ebay seller about doing a Pen F adapter for the G1.

"I asked jinfinance on that and the answer is:

:) good question... Yes, I'm going to make the PF to G1 adapter... but it's taking a while, probably 40~50 days..."

R

Ranger 9

Got my adapter from jinfinance yesterday. It's not exactly beautifully made, but seems serviceable. The locking pin appeared shallow, but locked securely onto every M-mount lens I tried. Engagement of the M bayonet is reasonably smooth and doesn't require excessive torque. The bayonet lugs are slotted to provide a 'leaf spring' effect.

There is no rear baffle/protector plate as found on the RayQual adapter. jinfinance recommended to avoid using any lens that protrudes past the rear edge of the adapter. None of the lenses I tried protrude this far.

The inner rear "throat" of the adapter is painted flat black for flare suppression, but not ridged or ribbed.

Design appears that it would allow removal of the M lens with the adapter mounted on a camera, although I couldn't test it as I don't actually own a Micro Four Thirds camera yet :-0