The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Awesome micro 4/3 camera coming!

Here in the U.S. the price increase is $296 for the D-Lux Typ 109 camera and an additional $160 for a grip (B&H prices). If all they offer is a 3 year warrantee and Lightroom for $456 then I don't think they will sell many.

How about giving us DNG raw, better quality JPEG'S, as found in previous D-Lux models, and a serious re-think of the user interface. Get rid of all the superfluous bells and whistles and make the user interface clean like an M or S Leica. I think this camera has so much potential, and it would be sad to see it go unused.

UHDR

hmmm im facing a tough choice.

my parents recently broke their panaosnic TZ25. one thing they complained is when printing in large sizes (like A4 or A3), the quality isnt really up to it.

mum favors the GM1 over oly stylus 1 in the past (due to size and the cool sliver + orange leather-like grip). but dad wants an EVF. nether want to change lens.

GM5 obviously fits the bill some what, but zoom range is quite a cut down from TZ25. also the compact zoom has relatively small aperature when compares to LX100/D-lux. plus the flash unit is not built-in. not sure if they want the hassle...

i just wish leica will come up with a sliver D-Lux with some colour grip like their X series.

i might get them to try canon G1x mk2...but that's quite a bit bigger still.....

PS: they are those retired travel around the world type people.

PSS: no, im not some rich kid looking for next place to spend money. im 3X year old hard working person that can afford my toys. :D

dhsimmonds

It doesn't worry me. RWL files are just fine providing that there is a decent profile for use with C1 Pro! The camera looks great but I am not too sure about the "cropped" m4/3 sensor. However I do like that there is a lever to change size ratio rather than having to dive into overly complex menu's! :thumbup:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
It's wrong
I've checked up on this Peter, and they will be Panasonic RWL files and NOT DNG files

Over enthusiasm on the part of dPreview I think (I'll tell them).

All the best
Jono,

many thanks for finding out!

Still an awesome camera :)

Peter