The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Awesome micro 4/3 camera coming!

dhsimmonds

I wonder if the quoted 24-75mm is full frame equiv. or subject to the usual m4/3 x2 crop? If the latter it would make a very decent travel compact indeed.

Matix

yes, you are right, it is indeed 24-75mm equiv.
Sure sounds like a good travel camera... the GX7 with 12-35mm lens is a tad bulky.... when I see the specs tomorrow, if it is what I think it will be... I will pre order one... the LX7 replacement.

Phil

turtle

I'd take the GM-5, but then again I am still thrilled with my GM-1 and think the GX-7 is still a knockout camera. Panasonic have it down, I think.

Godfrey

Yes, the LX100 or its D-Lux sibling look to be very nice indeed. I'll have to take a look at one at the store.

The only thing I don't like about it is the way the lens extends so much when powered on. It's a tiny nitpick, but one of the nice things I really like about the new Leica X compared to my 'rediscovered' X2 is the fact that the X' lens neither extends nor collapses. It's one of the things I've disliked about most modern zoom lenses on any camera.

Sigh. There are too many nice cameras out there nowadays.

G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
HI Peter
I'm not certain - but the V-Lux uses RWL (Panasonic) files - so I imagine this will use the same RAW files. (ie not DNG)
Jono,

at preview it was mentioned that the new Dlux would support RAW (DNG). Not sure if this is right or wrong ....

Peter