The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX100 and GM5

dhsimmonds

Just curious what the thoughts are of the owners ( those that use them ) of the LX100/D Lux since we've had them for a while.

I'll start by saying that I really like my D Lux. I like everything about it. But after reading Ming Thein's review and his comments on the lens I had to take a more careful look at my camera, specifically, the lens. Now, the only time I've seen corner to corner sharpness from a lens wide open was with the Sony RX1 and the Sony 55/1.8. And I've seen my share of soft corners with many lenses. The corners of this camera's lens isn't soft. Not as sharp as in the middle, but not a deal breaker. I'd say slightly less sharp! The D Lux doesn't have to go in the front pocket of my jeans ( no camera ever had ), so it's size isn't a factor either. I've read about the flare issue but have experienced yet.

Just curious about other owner's experience.
I really like my LX100 for some subjects. It is great to pick up quickly, take to a party, snap the grandchildren etc. It will never replace my E-M1's and Oly pro lenses for serious work but it is great as a second camera. I have even used it on an assignment for PJ work where it was essential to secrete a camera about my person and only reveal it after securing the confidence of the people concerned.

The subsequent raw images were perfectly adequate for editorial needs. (phew!)

I hope that this helps?