Site Sponsors

Thread: worth of the kit lens?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

worth of the kit lens?

i'd like to get a second body but have no need for a second kit lens.

if i were to get another kit and try to try to sell the second lens..what do you think it might be worth?

joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: worth of the kit lens?

Quote Originally Posted by back alley View Post
    i'd like to get a second body but have no need for a second kit lens.

if i were to get another kit and try to try to sell the second lens..what do you think it might be worth?

joe
    The sad facts are:

1) At present, the kit lens can be mounted on one camera model only (the G1).
    2) That camera is sold only bundled with that same lens.

In another thread here (forget which), someone asked his dealer if he could buy the G1 body only - yes, he could, for USD 60 less than the complete kit...

Keep that lens as a backup, or wait for more MFT cameras to be introduced. They just might create a market for a very good and very compact zoom lens...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If it is $60 less, I would go for it.

I hear that the kit zoom already has been replaced with a version II, in Japan.

FWIW, the EU (lowest) is from Warsaw, Poland (Saturn, Media Markt) for the kit at Euro 424 (20% vat included).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Per Ofverbeck View Post
    In another thread here (forget which), someone asked his dealer if he could buy the G1 body only - yes, he could, for USD 60 less than the complete kit...
    That was me, and actually it was $60 Canadian. As I stated, I felt it was better to buy the full kit $750 Cdn to have the lens for future selling the camera as a kit. This was really a one-off offer as the dealer felt he would use the lens as a demo etc.

Ciao,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thanks guys.

i guess i need to decide just how much i want a second body. been thinking one for the upcoming 20/1.7 and one for an adapter mounted 35 zm lens.

Lupo

I think, if the little Oly appears to be the G1 kit lens very hot.

pip22

One thing intrigues me -- how did you guys know the OP was referring to the G1 kit lens? Nothing suggesting that in his first post? I mean, evidently he was otherwise he would have corrected you, but how did you know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
    One thing intrigues me -- how did you guys know the OP was referring to the G1 kit lens?(...)
    I guess many of us are focused on the G1? That's just how it is for the moment. I admit I didn't think of any other camera or kit lens reading the first post.

JCdeR

I have 2 G1 bodies and had to buy them both with the 14-45 kit lens. I sold one for 125 which was my original asking price, it was sold after 3 hours on the forum.

There were at some stage some "body only" G1's for sale in Europe, but went for 615 if my memory serves me well. The kit at that time went for 739

I have the Panasonic kit lens permantly attached to my black G1 and M mount adapter to my Blue G1, works very well I must say, the results of both are very good and quite surprising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
    One thing intrigues me -- how did you guys know the OP was referring to the G1 kit lens? Nothing suggesting that in his first post? I mean, evidently he was otherwise he would have corrected you, but how did you know?
    it's in the micro 4/3 forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JCdeR View Post
    I have 2 G1 bodies and had to buy them both with the 14-45 kit lens. I sold one for 125 which was my original asking price, it was sold after 3 hours on the forum.

There were at some stage some "body only" G1's for sale in Europe, but went for 615 if my memory serves me well. The kit at that time went for 739

I have the Panasonic kit lens permantly attached to my black G1 and M mount adapter to my Blue G1, works very well I must say, the results of both are very good and quite surprising.
    that's my plan as well but i'm thinking about a red one.