The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2009 Year of the OX (Chinese New Year)

V

Vivek

A couple of snaps from today, in the Hague.

Panasonic G1, Angenieux 25/0.95 @f/0.95, ISO100, 1/20s

Panasonic G1, 50/0.95, f/1.2, ISO400, 1/50s

Do you have any to share?

L

Lupo

Re: Year of the OX (Chinese New Year)

Beautiful photos :thumbs:
You have the 0.95er well under control!

One can be jealous.

V

Vivek

I guess someone out there will make some shots of the Chinese new year festivities. This year it was quite small and not much crowd (weather?) either.

G1, 50/0.95, ISO100, 1/13s. slight crop

G1, 25/0.95, ISO200, 1/20s. crop

Barring subject motion, I am pleasantly surprised with the handling of the 25 +G1 combo (similar in a way to the 50/0.95) for low shutter speed snaps.

Thank you, YBH.

Thanks you, Lupo. I am very lucky to get hold of this lens.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

+1 !
(interesting optic that Angenieux 0.95/25)

cam

+2

really stunning and lovely draw! all of them,, really, but i'm a b/w gal.

excuse my ignorance -- i know the 50mm is an Angenieux, but i didn't realise there was a 25/0.95.... tell me, tell me!

D

ddk

These are all very beautiful Vivek, very nice framing and great light, and I love the rendering of this lens!

V

Vivek

Jorge, Steen, Cam and David,Thanks for your kind words. Greatly appreciate it.:)

David, If I had seen a typical dpreview, run of the mill, test of this lens, I would not have gone near it! I lucked out. Every time I take the lens out, I pinch myself for a reality check.:)

Cam, The Angenieux 25/0.95 is an Arriflex mount lens (See: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5045). The 50/0.95 used here is a Canon 50/0.95 (the last version TV lens in M mount) and not the Angenieux X-ray (collimating) lens modified for M mount on eBay.

K

Keithbg

It was great celebration here in NYC. I only had time on my lunch hour. Would have loved to have spent the day. All with the G1 and kit lens.

T

terryc

Was wondering around the International Village Mall in Chinatown Vancouver yesterday.

A very low light opportunity to say the least. I shot mostly auto ISO with an 800 limit. Using the 14-45 Kit.

Today the New Year's parade is happening in Chinatown - but the weather is horrible (mixed rain and snow)... Hopefully it will clear before Noon.

Best to all. Terry