The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

Knorp

Sounds promising!

Cannot wait to get mine .....

Peter
I'm afraid we have no other option then to wait, Peter.
If you like me ordered it along with the 1.4xTC we have to wait even longer ... :(

Kind regards.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I'm afraid we have no other option then to wait, Peter.
If you like me ordered it along with the 1.4xTC we have to wait even longer ... :(

Kind regards.
Yes me too with the 1.4TC - my dealer said it should come late December or begin of Jan.

Lets hope and keep fingers crossed!

Peter

jonoslack

Well, Olympus' message mentioned availability starting from December ... :rolleyes:
Will you keep your µ43 system, Jono ?

Kind regards.
HI There Bart
Yes - definitely keeping it - It'll be one or the other, but I'll run them together for a bit and I suspect it'll be the one . .
I spoke to a guy from LCE, and he said that Olympus had 3000 pre-orders in the UK and only a hundred or so lenses to ship - so I may have to wait until February. We shall see.

How about you - are you tempted by the 'other'?

Knorp

HI There Bart
Yes - definitely keeping it - It'll be one or the other, but I'll run them together for a bit and I suspect it'll be the one . .
I spoke to a guy from LCE, and he said that Olympus had 3000 pre-orders in the UK and only a hundred or so lenses to ship - so I may have to wait until February. We shall see.

How about you - are you tempted by the 'other'?
Always tempted, Jono - always tempted :grin:... but nothing definite yet.
Quite happy with my (second) EM1 and in particular the Nocticron.
Biding my time till there is news of an A9 or EM1-mkII.
But above all really looking forward to this lens.

Kind regards.

scott kirkpatrick

I got my order in direct to Olympus-US on the day they announced, and ordered the 1.4X separately since there was no discount in the $ world for buying the two together. No word yet. I was hoping that I would see it next week when I visit the delayed timezones...

scott

dhsimmonds

My local dealer has received his first shipment and they have all gone already.
I was number five on their list so only a very small consignment! I am told that mine will be coming in about two more weeks. :(

jonoslack

I just talked to my dealer - he said that he hasn't had any in, but that I was number 4 on the list. We'll see who gets it first!

Knorp

A belated Saint Nicolas or an early Santa Claus ?

Got a ring from my 'dealer' (what a dirty profession), expecting my lens next week.
No word yet if it will come with or without TC.
Oh well, could be a hoax you know ... nah, don't think so :p

:watch:

Perhaps I should start reading the manual, so I'll be ready to live with this lens ... :angel:

Kind regards.

scott kirkpatrick

GRRRRR.

I just called Olympus in the US to see what my delivery position was, and found that my order had been cancelled, even though it appears on their website as ordered. I am welcome to order again, and wait in the line with today's date stamped on my forehead. I'll put in the order again, but with B&H, who don't apply the local sales tax where I will pick it up.

Being an early adopter is only fun when you are early enough. Enjoy the lens, guys.

scott

jonoslack

GRRRRR.

I just called Olympus in the US to see what my delivery position was, and found that my order had been cancelled, even though it appears on their website as ordered. I am welcome to order again, and wait in the line with today's date stamped on my forehead. I'll put in the order again, but with B&H, who don't apply the local sales tax where I will pick it up.

Being an early adopter is only fun when you are early enough. Enjoy the lens, guys.

scott
I'm sorry Scott - how very irritating. I'll keep you posted!

ceklund

I picked up my lens yesterday at Samy's in Santa Barbara, CA. Although it is an hour away it is my B & M of choice. It is usually a very nice hour. The box it comes in is amazingly big for a m43 lens. Fortunately, the lens is very reasonably sized. Although there is off and on rain today I took it to a local park, it is after all a pretty robust lens. I also had my dog along, so the various birds were not too keen on letting me get too close. I also did not have an opportunity to try multiple settings. My dog is a Husky and has her own opinion about extensive camera setting changes. Not great bird pictures, but another piece of information.

View attachment 84641

View attachment 84642

View attachment 84643