The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G2 - combining auto iso and manual exposure?

I have a Panasonic G2 m4/3 camera which I usually use on full manual. However, recently Ive been trying to figure out a way to let the camera choose the iso automatically while I select the shutter speed and aperture. Problem is when I go to the manual exposure mode, the option for auto iso disappears. The instruction manual for the G2 seems to suggest that it is possible but doesn't actually explain how to do it. Oddly, the manual mentions that iso 100 will be automatically set by the camera when the user selects the shutter speed and aperture. In my case, I'll be selecting a relatively fast shutter speed (1000th) and an aperture setting around mid way (about f6.3) so I would expect the camera to choose an iso setting from about 200 – 400 to match. Iso 100 wouldn't really be suitable for my needs.

Ulfric Douglas

Nobody's come up with a solution in a week,
I just checked on my G1 and same deal : no Auto-ISO in Manual.
I know someone who would know for a fact ... goes by the name of Woof Woof on the forums, I'll ask him.