Site Sponsors

Thread: m43 hot shoe flash

Post Thanks / Like

m43 hot shoe flash

My Nissin Di466 died mid job last night. It failed to flash and, after an overnight rest, still does not work.

I'll send it back to Nissin but it is almost certainly out of warranty so they are unlikely to replace it instantly.

I need a replacement and could buy the identical device for around 75 in the UK. However, having one failure I am reluctant and I certainly don't want to start carrying a spare on every job I do.

For those who have not used the Di466 all I need to say is that it is quite small and it does the TTL quite well (and with an easy to control over/under expose override).

Currently I work with the EM5. However, I'd prefer to have a flash that works also with Panasonics.

What suggestions do you folk have - that is available in the UK please.

Tony

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: m43 hot shoe flash

All the FourThirds and Micro-FourThirds dedicated flash units work with the same protocols. Some have different features and power output, but all are compatible.

I use a now ancient Olympus FL-36 with my Olympus E-1, E-PL1, and E-M1. Used to use it with my Panasonic G1 and GF1 too. Excellent little flash, very high quality construction and plenty of power for my uses.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Re: m43 hot shoe flash

In the end I bought the Nissin i40.

The replies I was getting on the other forum where I posted said that Nissin was generally reliable so I decided to get the newer and smaller model.

It does the job perfectly.

It is smaller than the one that died and the controls are a bit more intuitive. I am not sure whether it is more powerful or not but I am confident it will be plenty strong enough for my needs.

I would have no hesitation in recommending one.

Tony
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post