The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fast prime lens for the G1?

monza

Examples I've seen of the 25 Summilux have been impressive, as well as the 25/2.8. However the 25 is pretty big. Samples here including shots of the lenses on the G1.

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2008/12/11/9815.html

I've owned both the Nokton and the Summicron-C, and liked them both. Some people don't like the Nok bokeh, although like any lens bokeh depends on so many factors. There is a ton of info on the Nokton here, including comparisons to the 40 Summicron-C. My only beef with the 40 Summi is the oddball filter size. They are getting more difficult to find for reasonable prices. I think it is an underrated lens, but perhaps this is changing as reflected in the price increases. :)

Another 40/1.4 is the Olympus Pen F lens, which is even smaller than either of the other lenses, although maybe harder to find.

antara

Monza, are they already modified for the G1? I want one, but not interested in being a machinist.

Antara