Site Sponsors

Thread: Olympus EM5-II

Post Thanks / Like

Olympus EM5-II

Will it really have sensor shift added resolution technology??

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Olympus EM5-II

Don't think anyone except Olympus can answer this for sure . Having said that I would be surprised to see lower tier product line surpassing top end (EM-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Martin S View Post
    Will it really have sensor shift added resolution technology??

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

not sure the EM1 was intended to be a superior product line than the EM5. It was billed as the "successor" to the EM5. so maybe the EM5 ii is the successor of EM1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmbma View Post
    not sure the EM1 was intended to be a superior product line than the EM5. It was billed as the "successor" to the EM5. so maybe the EM5 ii is the successor of EM1
    'Superior product line'? Doesn't make sense. The E-M1 model is currently the Olympus top of the line body, in the OM-D product line, intended as the pro-grade replacement for their last DSLR, the E-5.

In the OM-D line, the E-M5 was the first out, followed by the E-M1, and then the E-M10. The E-M10 included a couple of new features beyond the E-M1, with the sensor package of the E-M5. The E-M5 II follows the E-M10 in time, includes some of the new features that surfaced first in the E-M10, etc.

The E-M1 remains the top of the line. It is often the case that the top of the line camera body follows other models when it comes to features as the top of the line model development cycles more slowly than the mid-line models.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say from what I am seeing this camera shaping up to be, is that if Olympus has an electronic shutter option, I am in. Selling equipment then.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My Romulan Intelligence NetworkTM tells me this camera may very well have an electronic shutter/silent shooting option. My interest in it has increased.

We'll see.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

The latest rumors (FT5) are saying it has a shutter speed of 1/16,000. This sure more than not, indicates the presence of an electronic shutter option. Hope Olympus implemented "silent mode" right.

- Ricardo