Site Sponsors

Thread: Question re. Milich GM adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Question re. Milich GM adapter

Just received the adapter, and used it with LTM to M adapter ring on CV 15mm lens.

Works fine. But one problem, I can't remove LTM adapter from GM adapter. I can release the locking pin, and the ring rotates easily. However, the ring won't release from the GM.

Any ideas??? Anyone else had a similar problem???

I already emailed Mr. Milich, but I would like to remove the ring so that I can try some other lenses today.

Thanks.

Martin

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question re. Milich GM adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Martin S View Post
    Just received the adapter, and used it with LTM to M adapter ring on CV 15mm lens.

Works fine. But one problem, I can't remove LTM adapter from GM adapter. I can release the locking pin, and the ring rotates easily. However, the ring won't release from the GM.

Any ideas??? Anyone else had a similar problem???

I already emailed Mr. Milich, but I would like to remove the ring so that I can try some other lenses today.

Thanks.

Martin
    Martin, Did you try leaving the lens mounted when removing the LTM from the GM adapter? I was fooling around with mine earlier today and had no problem, but I did keep the lens attached to the LTM adapter when separating from the GM.

First time I tried close focusing with the little CV15 on the G1 and it does quite well (see below). I had been using the CV15 for a couple of years with the M8, but only for landscapes where I essentially used it as a fixed focus lens (no RF coupling).

Regards,
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carl. I will try your idea.

BTW The CV 15 mm works very well, and I can really FOCUS this lens.

Thanks again.

Martin
    Last edited by Martin S; 1st February 2009 at 16:53.

Post Thanks / Like

Since we are on the subject of the G1 with 15mm Heliar, could I ask how it performs on the G1?

I have 28 and 50mm M lenses and feel I need a wider angle. I was thinking of a 21mm for a 42mm effective normal lens. Is the Heliar 15 slow f/4.5 speed an problem for the G1?

kiloran

Quote Originally Posted by JimBuchanan View Post
    Since we are on the subject of the G1 with 15mm Heliar, could I ask how it performs on the G1?

I have 28 and 50mm M lenses and feel I need a wider angle. I was thinking of a 21mm for a 42mm effective normal lens. Is the Heliar 15 slow f/4.5 speed an problem for the G1?
    I guess it depends on what you're shooting. If you're doing street stuff its probably ideal, as it will be for well-lit landscapes. Might be a challenge on a gloomy day - to my eyes the G1 is good up to ISO800 but you wouldn't want to use that for an expansive landscape shot.