The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D E-M5 Mark II Pre-Order

raist3d

HI Raist,

Sorry for the long pause in response. At imaging resources here for em5 vs em5II and here for em1 vs em5II you can see they call out that the em5II has no anti alias filter. And that the em1 does not have an anti aliasing filter either.

Aaron
I knew about the E-M1 not having it. Anyway, I was able to verify already, though I wish Olympus would put this on their specs. It's a pro, not a cons. At least let people officially know :)

Thanks for the follow up.

- Ricardo

raist3d

After careful examination of some raw files made available to me, I decided to preorder with F1.8 25mm Olympus prime (probably my favorite focal length along with anything 150mm+).

When I get it, I will put it through its paces for my night shooting. If it works great, I'll start selling a bunch of stuff. If it doesn't, it goes back and keep my Nikon 1 for this year and wait for the Fuji X-E3 next.

I really don't care about brands much anymore. I have some preferences but I care about my photography now more and more. Much more.

- Ricardo

Last edited:

Annna T

does it say anywhere that the old grips for EM5 could be used on the Em5 2 or not?
Yes and no : the E-M5 grip was a two parts one and There was no was no way to buy only the upper (horizontal) part.

The E-M5 II isn't compatible with the horizontal part of the E-M5 grip. But you can buy the two parts of the E-M5 II grip separately and the bottom (vertical) part of the grip is the same as that of the E-M5 I.

So this isn't completely a bad news : 1) you need a new horizontal grip but 2) you can buy only the upper (horizontal) part, if you already have the bottom (vertical) part of the E-M5 grip, or if you don't want/need the vertical battery grip.

raist3d

Question- can the battery holder grip be used by itself without having to attach the upper grip?

thanks

- Ricardo

Annna T

Question- can the battery holder grip be used by itself without having to attach the upper grip?

thanks

- Ricardo
Going with my experience with the E-M5 mk1, I'd say no. Further, with the first E-M5 most people wanted only the first part, but the horizontal part of the grip is blocking the battery door and attaching/detaching the grip is so painful that in the end I never used it.

raist3d

Ugh. Blocking the battery.. shades of memories with the Nikon 1 V3 .... ah well.

Anyhow, getting the OMD EM5 MKII hopefully by Thursday.

- Ricardo

Annna T

Ugh. Blocking the battery.. shades of memories with the Nikon 1 V3 .... ah well.

Anyhow, getting the OMD EM5 MKII hopefully by Thursday.

- Ricardo
If you search eBay or even past threads concerning the E-M5 here, you will find out that there are L grip/brackets that allows reach to battery. But then, you loose the supplemental buttons comfort. There is one made by RRS at least and one made by a forumer in NY. And probably a number of cheaper Chinese ones through ebay. I bet that there will be some available for the E-M5 II soon.

k-hawinkler

:worthless:

Inclement Weather in the Land of Enchantment

Reduced in size OOC JPGs from E-M5 Mark II + 12-40/2.8 PRO
I already love this cute little camera, a worthy successor to the E-M5! :clap:
Now the difficult question, which lens to mount on E-M5, E-M1, and E-M5 II? :eek: Decisions, decisions, decisions! :D

:worthless:

scho

My E-M5 II with the 12-40 and 75 mm lenses should arrive next week from Popflash. If this kit clicks then the Fuji xt-1 and Sony A7II will soon be gone. Keeping the A7r as a digital back for the Cambo Actus.