The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

itty bitty lenses ...

Godfrey

My concept in buying the E-PL7 body was to have something small, light, and with interchangeable lens versatility alongside the Leica X. I wanted a small, light tele zoom—the M.Zuiko 40-150/4.5.6 fits the bill—and a small, light 30-40mm-ish lens.

They arrived today. I thought they were small ... they're actually itty bitty. The 40-150 moreso than the 14-42, because the tele is so light weight. Not fast, but fast wasn't the goal: small, light, and handy.

This makes a nice little kit. I'm finding that with the zooms I want to have the EVF most of the time, but with the prime lenses I use the LCD or an optical finder more.

It will be fun to put these lenses through my usual test shooting and see how they work out. Olympus rarely makes anything approaching a "bad" lens that I've experienced... :)

G

henningw

I was also looking for something like that, and chose the collapsible Panasonic 12-32 and 35-100 G lenses. The shorter lens goes to 12mm, which I was looking for, and the 35-100 is so tiny it's noticeably smaller than the 25/1.4. Stacked, they're just barely longer and about half the weight of a 90 Elmarit-M.

For shooting in better light conditions they are truly impressive.

Henning

Godfrey

I was also looking for something like that, and chose the collapsible Panasonic 12-32 and 35-100 G lenses. The shorter lens goes to 12mm, which I was looking for, and the 35-100 is so tiny it's noticeably smaller than the 25/1.4. Stacked, they're just barely longer and about half the weight of a 90 Elmarit-M.

For shooting in better light conditions they are truly impressive.

Henning
I thought about going with the 12-32 also, but I know it doesn't allow manual focusing ... Or at least that was my understanding. Plus, I figured I might as well let the Olympus lenses go with the Olympus body to take advantage of the lens correction processing for the zooms.

Good stuff from both vendors in this space though. :)

G