The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 on the road to Moab

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I took the G1 on the trip to Moab with stops in Sedona, Winslow, Canyon De Chelly and Moab as spots i did get the chance to play with the camera. When in Moab though I lent the G1 out to a workshop member that was using something that just was not functioning correctly so he used that in Moab and Monument Valley. So i had some time with it and it is a kick to use. I did get a chance to use the Leica 28 elmarit and Tri-Elmar (Wate) with it the Wate was pretty handy. Anyway these are just for the record nothing great but just wanted to shoot. I used the Leica 28mm in Sedona at the creek and the Wate in Winslow and the rest the two Pana lenses. I am just going to load them all up and there are a lot. LOL

2nd one is the Kit lens the rest leica 28mm 2.8

Guy Mancuso

This is Canyon De Chelley and the first three are the kit lens and the rest with the Pana zoom

Guy Mancuso

I think all of these are with the long zoom. That is Mike Hatam one of our moderators and good friend. Mike taught Lightroom on this trip

Guy Mancuso

Yea that is me looking into the sun. Than the other two are in Moab all with the long zoom and that it is all i have. Enjoy

V

Vivek

The Summicron shot stands out, Guy. Skin tones are very well rendered.:)

I can't see any difference between the WATE and the kit zoom images.

Guy Mancuso

Yes pretty close actually . The WATE is better but the price is much higher. Hard to beat the Leica glass but if you do not have a M8 with the glass already than buying Leica glass to stick on a G1 makes little sense to me. The kit lens is really good and the long zoom is great at 200mm making it a very powerful 400mm effectively

lmr

Guy... if you did not state which lens, it is hard to guess. The G1 is fun & makes us excited about testing the possible combinations... Can't wait for the 20 1.7(?).

Enjoyed the series.

Robert.

Guy Mancuso

Yes without that you would have no clue on which lens. Which is really pretty exciting that the kit lenses do produce great images

Brian Mosley

The kit lenses seem to lack the bite of your legacy lenses... but I could be biased... how about a challenge? post a random sample with each lens and let us guess?

Cheers

Brian