The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OMD EM5 MKII

raist3d

Some shots with the new OMD E-M5 MKII from last night.

Used the Olympus software for these until I decide to sprint for the Iridient license. Iridient sure seems to do a better job with these.

- Ricardo

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Great shots Ricardo!

WRT Irident - why not wait till LR or Capture One Pro support the EM5II files? I am more than happy with both for my EM5 and EM1 development, with C1Pro having a slight edge wrt IQ, noise reduction etc ....

My 5 c

Peter

jonoslack

Great shots Ricardo!

WRT Irident - why not wait till LR or Capture One Pro support the EM5II files? I am more than happy with both for my EM5 and EM1 development, with C1Pro having a slight edge wrt IQ, noise reduction etc ....

My 5 c

Peter
Hi Peter
Iridient is very useful - not just until lR supports cameras, but afterwards to look at lens corrections, it's also a very good converter in some conditions.

What is even better with it is that it integrates really well with LR - so that if you shoot JPG + RAW, and then import both into LR (with JPG as master) - when you use Iridient as the external developer it looks for the RAW file and uses that . . . and then over-writes the tiff file that LR created from the jpg.

I wrote an article about it:

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Hi Peter
Iridient is very useful - not just until lR supports cameras, but afterwards to look at lens corrections, it's also a very good converter in some conditions.

What is even better with it is that it integrates really well with LR - so that if you shoot JPG + RAW, and then import both into LR (with JPG as master) - when you use Iridient as the external developer it looks for the RAW file and uses that . . . and then over-writes the tiff file that LR created from the jpg.

Hi Jono,

many thanks for the update!

Tried to connect to your link, but does not work .....

Peter

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Sorry Peter - try again.
best
Jono
Jono,

Again many thanks, link works now ....

I tried with LR and results are great for X-Trans files as well as Olympus EM1 ORFs.

Will try later with Aperture as well ....

Having said that I wish that Apple would continue to support and develop Aperture as the new Photo App for Yosemite is just crab and not really useable for me WRT flexibility and features. All this abandoning of Aperture drove me back into LR and C1Pro again which start to work properly now for me - but I would have preferred to stay with Aperture. But maybe wonders will happen ;)

Best

Peter

raist3d

Great shots Ricardo!

My 5 c

Peter
These were developed with Iridient as a trial. I screen captured them. However, I did go on impulse and did buy a real License today. Part because I have been using Iridient from time to time this way and felt it was fair. Part because Iridient 3.0 can do great color, they improved the noise reduction and can already do 40 MP RAW files from the OMD EM5 MKII.

Iridient is also a prime RAW converter for Xtrans.

That said, LightRoom at least for the Nikon 1 does superb color noise removal, but more often than not, I don't like how the color comes out by default and it's a pain to get a color I want. This however, varies from RAW converter-camera combination.

I will agree with you it could very well be that LR does good support for the OMD EM5 MKII and then it would be a redundant thing, but we will see.

- Ricardo

k-hawinkler

Hi Peter

Doesn't work for me.

k-hawinkler

These were developed with Iridient as a trial. I screen captured them. However, I did go on impulse and did buy a real License today. Part because I have been using Iridient from time to time this way and felt it was fair. Part because Iridient 3.0 can do great color, they improved the noise reduction and can already do 40 MP RAW files from the OMD EM5 MKII.

Iridient is also a prime RAW converter for Xtrans.

That said, LightRoom at least for the Nikon 1 does superb color noise removal, but more often than not, I don't like how the color comes out by default and it's a pain to get a color I want. This however, varies from RAW converter-camera combination.

I will agree with you it could very well be that LR does good support for the OMD EM5 MKII and then it would be a redundant thing, but we will see.

- Ricardo

Iridient seems to have more functionality than RPP64.
Both can deal with high resolution raw files from my E-M5 II.

jonoslack

You I£)@*(ers (it's all your fault)
I've got a gig to do on Friday (Crufts Dog Show) . . . .I've cracked
Picking up a black body in an hour
(it's all too easy)

jonoslack

Great stuff Ricardo
Here's something different . . .

It's my FIRST picture with my camera. Just a jpg this time.

Norfoik Sunset
E-M5ii 12-40

ymc226

Hi Peter

Jono,

Not having ever been in the position of having an unsupported camera before, I have a few questions about a work around for using the ORF RAW files.

I've only shot RAW using the EM5 Mk II and obviously LR 5.7 will not recognize it for import into their catalog.

If I decide to get Iridient 3.0 and I shoot both JPEG and RAW, will LR recognize and import both JPEG and the unrecognized ORF files? As described in your link, using Iridient as an external editor requires it to be in the LR catalog. If this works, and I edit as much as I want of the ORF file using Iridient and close it to go back into LR, what file form does it revert back to, if not a TIFF as the ORF would still be unsupported?