The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

Brian,

yesterday we saw Transformer II in cinema and now it is here in getdpi... i am impressed. It is an Autobot i hope :))))

This is clearly art. Love that ! Show more...

Brian Mosley

Thanks Klaus,

here's some more art - from our Safari Group event in London this week... St Pancras train station.

The 17mm f2.8 pancake is my favourite lens for the E-P1... just love the 35mm EFL FOV.

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8 pancake
1/100s f/2.8 at 17.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Diane B

Thanks Klaus,

here's some more art - from our Safari Group event in London this week... St Pancras train station.

The 17mm f2.8 pancake is my favourite lens for the E-P1... just love the 35mm EFL FOV.

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8 pancake
1/100s f/2.8 at 17.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian
I liked that composition the first time I saw it--still do.

Diane

helenhill

cool shot / gritty & rugged KEVIN
That was Eric's FAVorite lens when he had the OLY E1

KLAUS: Your photos are always so CRYSTAL CLEAR... its as if one can step into them

Cheers- H :D

Diane B

I really enjoy visiting this thread even if I can't post here LOL--beautiful photos and always some unexpected subject (Kweide's foot and Kevin's chains).

Diane

Brian Mosley

Yes Diane, I agree... wonderful images throughout - thanks everyone, and keep it up!

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8 pancake
1/80s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200

1/400s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200

1/640s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200

1/500s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Leica 77

Hello Brian and kevinparis,
Beautiful B/W images. The results produced by the 17mm pancake, 85mm Hexanon and R Leica 50mm lenses are wonderful. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

m3photo

Re: Ep1 + 17mm

Brian,
Thanks for posting these in Black and White, the lift shaft shot really shows what this combo is capable of.
The car park shot however seems to denote a slight "pull out" towards the edges, noticeable are the left hand box shaped structure and the right hand pylon in the distance. Have you checked with a standard 35mm lens at full-frame to see if this 17mm is a 34mm equivalent? I'd be inclined (pardon the pun) to think it's a little wider perhaps due to the aforementioned distortion.