The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Where the power is..

Morgan Three Wheeler
Seen today

My favorite three wheeler - they put two wheels at the front. When I was a kid I had a Reliant, which had the one wheel at the front, and was not fun to drive in the winter. Do you have a pic of the whole machine?

Keith

kweide

I am so sorry. But that exhibition was so crowdy and the car so damned close together. No pic of the complete machine possible.

But take your seat here: :) and give us a smile :D

Or here, room enough

kweide

E-P1 wit Zuiko Macro 50 f2 at ISO1600
What a boring business session. So i decided to spice up the show a little...just for me !

kweide

Someone asked for a shot with the Sigma 50 DG HSM at f1.4 to see how the bokeh is.
Okay here it is and i did it with the E-P1, the DMW-MA1 from Panasonic and at ISO1600

JBurnett

Some post-shot fun. Funny thing about this camera -- it prompts me to think more in terms of images rather than just photographs.

G1 + Rokkor 40mm f/2

V

Vivek

My first post here.:) Taken with an Olympus. False color UV capture.

:ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Thanks, Keith! Great to hear the intended idea was visible.:)

This is an oldie (few months) reprocessed with a new monitor.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Keith! Great to hear the intended idea was visible.:)
This is an oldie (few months) reprocessed with a new monitor.
Vivek, your pictures seem a little less contrasty with the new monitor, and I think it works :toocool:

Keith

V

Vivek

Keith, Thanks. The contrast issue is minor. I could not see several shades of grey earlier!:eek:

A key thing about the contrast is that with higher contrast there are fewer details. While one can adjust the contrast, details lost are gone forever.

kweide

They warned me. Dont do that. No SIGMA lens.
Backfocus, frontfocus, nofocus, all this stuff. Built quality bad, out of package early return to service base all this jokes.

SIGMA EX DG HSM 50 mm f1.4
It is bulky, not very fast but tacksharp and spot on ! Like the lens much. What do you think ?

V

Vivek

What do you think ?

Klaus, What is important is that you like what you use. The stories about Sigma lenses and mis-focus are tall tales that I do not believe. The much maligned 30/1.4 is one of my favorite lenses (APS-C).

As for the sample, the whites appear blown (nothing to do with the lens), there is CA in the OOF areas (may or may not have anything to do with the lens).

T

totallynatural

Hi, love the shots on here as usual :)

Heres a few I took last weekend in Norfolk. Hope you enjoy them.
The first was at Pensthorpe (a waterfowl trust I think) which was also hosting a medieval event. There was a falconry area which allowed you to get close to the birds. This was with the 45-200.

One of the many tents

Another showing tents and people dressed up.

A lady making fibres to weave clothing / matts out of (i think!!!)

A view of tents across the gardens.

It was a really fun interesting day :)

Kind regards
Matt

JBurnett

A couple of rather pedestrian shots from Buskerfest in Toronto last weekend. This was the first time I've used the Canon FD 85mm f/1.8 on the G1. The pics are at f/2.8 rather than wide open; having to work quickly in manual focus I wanted a touch more depth of field for insurance. Apparently, this husband/wife team (acrobatics/juggling) won a prize for their performances.