The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kevinparis

Ok so I am starting this thread as a little sedative to the rampant G1 hysteria around here.

All i want to see here are pictures NOT taken on a G1.

Whatever 4/3rd camera you have thats NOT a G1 is welcome.

You can strap on whatever lens you can via adaptors, gaffer tape or sheer will power.

Just lets share some photos you are proud of.... but please... take heed of the following rules

1) No Pictures of just flowers
2) No lens tests - eg brick walls or bizarre collections of fluffy toys, crayons, watches and undrunk liquor bottles (empty bottles will be accepted... but only if out of focus)
3) Dog/cat portraits will be tolerated only through gritted teeth
4) There is no rule 4
5) Last rule of G1 Fight Club is don't talk about G1 Fight Club

love and peace

Kevin

Last edited:

kevinparis

OK so last two were a Nikkor 50/14 and a Zuiko 12-60

here is a Sigmatel 135/1.8 and a Zuiko 9-18

just having fun

K

Last edited:

kevinparis

Ok here is the 9-18 one...uploading went weird on me... seems to have forgotten how to do colour

Last edited:
N

nei1

Welldone Kevin,youve managed to refloat the 4:3 format from the brink of absurdity...............Ill probably get a slap for that,ouch!

kevinparis

thanks neil

I am not actually against t e micro 4/3rds thing... I do think it will produce some interesting cameras in the future i might buy.

But at the end of the day a camera is just a box to hold a lens... and that in turn is just a tool to allow you to take photographs.

After too many years of shooting I am learning to appreciate why there are expensive lenses and cheap lenses... Though I don't and never will buy into the idea that buying the most expensive lens will make you a better photographer

helenhill

FAB shots MR K... in particular 1 & 3
that nikkor 50 /1.4 Shines Bright...Lovely

Love the Concept of this Thread
You Bloody Scots luv a Brawl
Would like to come & play
but I don't have a 4/3rds
only an M2
& sometimes an rd1 :rolleyes
:(
:grin:

kevinparis

Helen

Brawl?... Moi!!!

Just the scottish genetic trait of short arms and deep pockets rebelling against the lunacy of putting 4 figure lenses on a 3 figure body and thinking they have found heaven

Its all about the photos

hope you had a good birthday.....its always fun to be 21

K

Audii-Dudii

All were shot with a DMC-L1 and kit lens (haven't been able to shoot with my G1 yet because I let a certain photography blogger borrow it for review)...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ok so I am starting this thread as a little sedative to the rampant G1 hysteria around here.

All i want to see here are pictures NOT taken on a G1.

Whatever 4/3rd camera you have thats NOT a G1 is welcome.

You can strap on whatever lens you can via adaptors, gaffer tape or sheer will power.

Just lets share some photos you are proud of.... but please... take heed of the following rules

1) No Pictures of just flowers
2) No lens tests - eg brick walls or bizarre collections of fluffy toys, crayons, watches and undrunk liquor bottles (empty bottles will be accepted... but only if out of focus)
3) Dog/cat portraits will be tolerated only through gritted teeth
4) There is no rule 4
5) Last rule of G1 Fight Club is don't talk about G1 Fight Club

love and peace

Kevin
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Brian Mosley

How about some glamorous E-30 shots? :toocool:

We had an event on Saturday at the Duxford Imperial War museum... too big to do in one day, must return sometime.

E-30, 14-54mk II
1/40s f/2.8 at 14.0mm iso800
jpeg using pinhole art mode...

...and a couple of images using an effect inspired by the above, executed in Lightzone from RAW (interestingly, the E-30 RAW files are supported natively)

1/60s f/3.2 at 14.0mm iso800

E-30 + ZD 9-18mm
1/20s f/4.0 at 9.0mm iso800

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

General DeGaulle takes a bath:

A baby with attitude:

Reading in the Bath

Dangerous Sfakians

Sunbaking

Arguing the toss

jonoslack

Jono, where were your shots taken?
HI John
the first and last shots were taken in Cornwall - the first of the Brisons from Cape Cornwall, the last at Pendnevounder beach. The second shot was taken in the fields behind our house in Suffolk, and the other three were taken in South West Crete (between Chora Sfakia and Agios Roumelli).

All with the E3