The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

This is an experimental shot.
Yes it is a panoshot, but done overhead. Boy those old bones were groaning.
The original pic is muuuuch bigger in size and so deeply impressive on my Eizo rotated in upright position. E-3, 11-22, in 11 mm position, fully opened, ISO1600. I wished i had the 7-14 with me...

The impressive absolutly stunning Cathedal of Mantova... it is a must see !!

scott kirkpatrick

Here's my favorite lens, the ED 50/2.0, on the E-3, doing what it is best at:

but a few minutes later, the lens stopped communicating with the camera. No AF, no aperture control, no MF for that matter! Never had that happen before, but with a pancake in my pocket, I plugged on:

Of course, it's my daughter's team. They're 8-0 so far.

scott

kevinparis

Another old Nikkor arrived this morning - a 24/2. Really dark and dull here today so I was reduced to testing indoors and playing with the trial of Olympus studio. It works well - though quite how they justify 99 dollars for the program beats me.

As for the lens... well not instantly blown away - actually quite hard to focus... but i will stick with it. Would be interesting to see some shots from the PL 25/1.4 and the 25mm pancake to get some kind of perspective

Thanks to everyone for supporting this thread.. it's fun ... and so it should be

cheers

Kevin

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Would be interesting to see some shots from the PL 25/1.4 and the 25mm pancake to get some kind of perspective
There are lots of PL25/1.4 shots around this forum, and pancakes, too. My second shot a few posts ago used the 25/2.8 pancake. But if you want to check for sharp whiskers in a closeup, I'll have to go have a chat with the cat.

scott

sangio

Klaus, those are outstanding images. I am just so envious of you folks that live in Europe :)
We're going to visit Venice and the lake district in Italy for two weeks later this year. I hadn't planned on stopping at Sirmione, but your foggy day image might get me to change my mind.

cheers
Santo

kweide

Dont´t miss Verona

... and if you go there, have a visit at the Fabric Outlet village directly located at the Highway exit "Mantova Sud" Need a Hotel ??? Cheap and clean: La Corte !!! Have fun...

Last edited:

Lili

Kevin, great idea.
My Roy and songwriter Jimmie Webb at Dan's Silverleaf in Denton TX

e410 14-42mm kit lens
snap shot really, but dang is it sharp :)

Brian Mosley

Klaus, wonderful images! and Lili this is fabulous too.

I took a walk with the lucky winner of an E-30 kit today - Alex Bampton... here's a shot from the outing.

E-30 + ZD 7-14mm f4
1/30s f/8.0 at 7.0mm iso100

The E-30 was a pleasure to use - fast, responsive, lightweight and fun!

Kind Regards

Brian

sangio

Dont´t miss Verona

... and if you go there, have a visit at the Fabric Outlet village directly located at the Highway exit "Mantova Sud" Need a Hotel ??? Cheap and clean: La Corte !!! Have fun...
Thanks Klaus;

Verona is definitely in our plans. We are staying in Venice for 8 days and are planning to visit Padua, Vicenza and Verona on day trips by train; probably on two separate days. We're also thinking of visiting Trevisio on a day trip as well.

We're then renting a car and will spend 7 days at Lago Maggiore and Lago Como. We'll probably stop at Sirmione on the way back to the airport.

Do you have any suggestions for the lake district?

many thanks
Santo

kweide

That´s difficult. But Riva Del Garda, Sirmione, Verona (visit Giulias house ), Mantova ( must see the Cathedral they have a prob of the Jesus blood from Golgatha, so they tell ).
If Time is not a problem: Parma and a visit to the fabrique of parma ham. Not far away, a little south from Modena you find Maranello the home of the Reds, a revelation for Ferraristi :). Bergamo so sweet.... and what abou San Marino :) smallest country in Italy LOL. Its so much in that region.....San Benedetto so beautifull. The region around Mantova, Verona and Brescia is full of highlights and old Etruscian castles, walls, churches....
Modena and Maranello: 1 day
Mantova in all its beauty 1 Day
Sirminona and Riva del Grada 1 Day
Verona 1 Day
Parma 1/2 day
San Benedetto 1/2 day
Mantova Outlet : 1/2 day if you dont discuss with your wife !

Hotel: La Corte, near Mantova sud highway exit.easy to find Albergo La Corte
Via Romana Zaita, 31 - 46031 Bagnolo San Vito (MN)

Terry

Kevin,
I have the PL 25 f1.4 but I only have a stinking G1 to test it on :D

Last edited:

helenhill

To the 'K' Men

Klaus: Tres Spiffy Shoes ...Very Cool

Kevin: Loved Your New lens...The Self Portrait ,Quite FAB Tres Handsome
if Cam doesn't mind me saying so