The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D EM5 MKII Firmware 1.1 out

raist3d

Here's a list of the changes:

[ E-M5 Mark II ]
Ver.1.1
(Apr. 16 2015)
1 Function has been modified so that audio can be faded out of movie files created with My Clips editing.
2 Speed at which information is displayed when the camera is turned on has been improved.
3 The issue of noise appearing in images captured while shooting with High Res Shot has been corrected.

- Ricardo

raist3d

Undocumented change I found- when shooting super high res mode, the camera saving of the file is part of the "busy/progress bar" screen, and when it goes back to live view, the camera is ready to shoot again.

I find the saving to the card is a bit faster (LF + RAW setting).

- Ricardo

k-hawinkler

Many thanks Ricardo for the link.
I have now my three cameras E-M1, E-M5, and E-M5 II updated to the latest firmware.
Also, I had missed an update for the 12-40/2.8 Pro. It's up to date now.

BTW, when I updated the E-M5 I noticed that the file transfer to my computer had slowed down and effectively stopped. As the Olympus updater showed a cancel button I used it and tried again. Voilà! That worked!

scho

Here's a list of the changes:

[ E-M5 Mark II ]
Ver.1.1
(Apr. 16 2015)
1 Function has been modified so that audio can be faded out of movie files created with My Clips editing.
2 Speed at which information is displayed when the camera is turned on has been improved.
3 The issue of noise appearing in images captured while shooting with High Res Shot has been corrected.

- Ricardo
Thanks Ricardo. Does 3. indicate that they are applying noise reduction to the files? The HR ORF files look very clean, but I don't see any loss of fine detail.

raist3d

Thanks Ricardo. Does 3. indicate that they are applying noise reduction to the files? The HR ORF files look very clean, but I don't see any loss of fine detail.
No idea. I see it more as a fix probably to some pixel alignment issues maybe? I don't know. And I haven't done a before/after comparison.

- Ricardo