The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NOKTON 1.4/35 to G1?

L

Lupo

Hello,
i want a fast lens for the G1.
Now I am hesitating between NOKTON 1.4/35 and 1,4/40 (it should not cost more)

Who has experience and can give me advice? The 35, 40 or something else?

(I have no idea whether you can understand my text :scry:)

K

kiloran

Because of the G1's crop factor I would go for the 35mm. I have the 40 (single coated) and think its an absolute bargain for the price. Until I got a Canon 50mm f/1.2 it was my favourite lens. It has a reputation for not good bokeh but personally I don't see that.

back alley

if you're interested in a longer lens for portraits, the 40 might be a better choice. for me, i like an 85 best for portraits.
for more general purpose, a 70 might be better.
it's so hard to choose for another photographer.

quality wise, i have had both lenses and they both are well made, sharp and small. it's hard to make a bad choice here.

joe

L

Lupo

@kiloran
Thank you
Thank you monza,
damn a lot of information in the link! :thumbup:

You really want to only 120 $ for your Nokton?
... and what is the cost of shipping? :rolleyes:

@ back alley
I have a 50 / 1.4 Rokkor & Pentax. I fear that they are 50mm are already too long for me.

Overall it seems that the 40 Nokton is the better choice. It is cheaper and fits in well with the 20/1.7 if it appears soon.

... and if its "monza" for sale so little money ... :p