Site Sponsors

Thread: Perspective Control with the Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm/4 Shift Lens

Post Thanks / Like

Perspective Control with the Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm/4 Shift Lens

Composing the picture on the monitor and activating grid lines is particularly useful for architecture. Nearly a view camera - better than a SLR or a RF viewfinder
    Peter Werner
    Leica M8, R9+DMR & Digilux 2; Nikon D700; Panasonic FX01, FX150 & G1; Samsung TL350 (WB 2000)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Perspective Control with the Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm/4 Shift Lens

Peter, are the captions reversed? The top one looks like it has less distortion and has more parallel lines than the bottom. The right hand side of the building looks parallel to the left in the top photo, but not the bottom photo And the top has more of the picture cropped (red netting) which is usually a sign of T/S having been applied.

In any case I just picked up this lens today (without any documentation). Any tricks on using it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perspective Control with the Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm/4 Shift Lens

Quote Originally Posted by rweissman View Post
    Peter, are the captions reversed? The top one looks like it has less distortion and has more parallel lines than the bottom. The right hand side of the building looks parallel to the left in the top photo, but not the bottom photo And the top has more of the picture cropped (red netting) which is usually a sign of T/S having been applied.
    Thank you for your attentive look. I am not sure now, but I do not think so. If you look at the right edge, the wall in the bottom one seems vertical while the top one leans slightly to the left.

In any case I just picked up this lens today (without any documentation). Any tricks on using it?
    No particular tricks except what you would do with any P/C lens. Good luck with your new acquisition and do post some results here.
    Peter Werner
    Leica M8, R9+DMR & Digilux 2; Nikon D700; Panasonic FX01, FX150 & G1; Samsung TL350 (WB 2000)