The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Lumix GM5

Elliot

I have a tiny, little camera bag that rooms the GM5 with two lenses and a couple of extra batteries. All in all, it's less than 500 gram with the most common setups (GM5 + 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 + 35-100mm f/4-5.6 or one of the lenses replaced by a small prime). It's what I grab when I go out the door. It's my "no excuse" bag :)
Do you have a specific small bag that you use for this combination?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Elliot

Thanks. I see that my old LowePro LP140 is a perhaps a bit smaller externally, while less vertical and more horizontally rectangular. Maybe a new strap will improve its handling.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Children's day have been celebrated here for two days, no less. Friday was the day for celebration and performances at school. With children at two schools, more than 100 kilometres appart, it became a busy day.

Here's my star performer :)

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 100mm and f/5.6, cropped

The somewhat older children, 4th and 5th graders:

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 100mm and f/5.6, cropped

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So the sixth child was born with Down Syndrome, and the family had to sell the fishing boat that was their only source of income to cover the initial medical costs. The father moved to the city to work as a carpenter, but still money was lacking, so there was not enough for transportation to school for number three, a 14 year old girl. I asked what the cost was for transportation, and they said 40 dollars per month. Easy choice.

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 42mm and f/2.8

What was the problem with that camera again? Too noisy at ISO 12,800? It's a tough life, isn't it?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GM5 with Pana 7-14mm f/4 @ 7mm and f/4

This is almost a selfie. The shirt to the right in the photo is mine. With the left hand, I hold the camera to take the photo. Her left eye is distorted due to the very wide angle, managed to fix it slightly in PS (warp), but there are limits. The GM5 and the tiny super WA zoom is a great pair though.

Thorkil

So the sixth child was born with Down Syndrome, and the family had to sell the fishing boat that was their only source of income to cover the initial medical costs. The father moved to the city to work as a carpenter, but still money was lacking, so there was not enough for transportation to school for number three, a 14 year old girl. I asked what the cost was for transportation, and they said 40 dollars per month. Easy choice.

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 42mm and f/2.8

What was the problem with that camera again? Too noisy at ISO 12,800? It's a tough life, isn't it?
Well done Jørgen !!!
Thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
When I go out for dinner with friends, I mostly bring the GM5 with the 25mm f/1.7. Most times, like last Saturday, somebody will grab the camera and comment on how "cute" it is and ask how the zoom works. Then a few snapshots follow, and more often than not, some of them are very usable. The GM5 is a magic camera.

GM5 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/1.7 and ISO 2000

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Food again, in Vietnam. The GM5 plus the tiny 7-14mm is excellent for photos of my lunch. I could almost sit down to take this photo :)

GM5 with Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 @ 8mm and f/5

raist3d

May go back to use the GM5 for a while. As much as I like the Fuji X-E3's output, the GM5 is more me.

- Ricardo