The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

k-hawinkler

Re: E-M1.2

Night Shot with E-M1 Mark II

Olympus E-M1 Mark II + LEICA DG NOCTICRON 42.5/F1.2 @ f/1.2, ISO 2000, 1/80s.

k-hawinkler

From the E-M1 Mark II Instruction Manual:

"Pro capture is available only with OLYMPUS Micro Four Thirds lenses."

Pro capture enables the camera (for up to 1 minute) to keep up to the last 14 sequential images taken in the buffer while half-pressing the shutter button. Then when fully pressing the shutter button these up to the last 14 images and all subsequently taken images get stored on the memory card.

To me this seems to be a very useful feature when trying for example to catch a bird in flight that takes off from a location typically much faster than a human reaction time as in this way one gets to keep up to the last 14 sequential images taken before one could react and fully press the shutter button.

For me this feature alone was worth getting the E-M1.2.
:grin: :thumbup: :facesmack:

Elderly

To me this seems to be a very useful feature when trying for example to catch a bird in flight that takes off from a location typically much faster than a human reaction time as in this way one gets to keep up to the last 14 sequential images taken before one could react and fully press the shutter button.

For me this feature alone was worth getting the E-M1.2.
:grin: :thumbup: :facesmack:

It makes me wonder how I coped back in the days of Tri-x :grin:
No second chance with this :bugeyes: :

Elderly

It was 30 years ago and so the EXIF details in my head are extremely sketchy :rolleyes:.

It was a still from a movie I was working on.

I used three Nikon bodies; two were on tripods to be fired using a twin cable release
and the third body was hand held.

I was to get a countdown on my radio from the assistant director, and shortly
before the truck was fired from an air cannon I planned to take one frame with the truck still on the jetty (in that way, before firing the motor drives) I could not miss the instant just before 'take off', and hence still have enough frames left (35) to capture the whole sequence.

However, for whatever reason the radio message was either never sent or received :shocked:
and all of a sudden, the first thing I knew was that the truck was in the air with no warning :scry:

Luckily I had the hand held body up to my eye at that moment and just reacted :angel:.

Last edited:

Knorp

Theoretically ... :rolleyes:, it should be possible to capture the birds while hatching ... :ROTFL:

:chug: