The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

Knorp

The same Turkey Vulture Roost as seen from different heights. :grin:
E-M5.2 + 300/4.0 PRO @ f/4
E-M1.2 + zoom tuna 90-250/2.8 @ 114mm, f/2.8
E-M1.2 + little tuna 150/2.0 @ f/2
E-M1.2 + 75-300/4.8-6.7 II @ 75mm, f/6.3
That's an awful lot of glass to carry around in your backpack, K-H ... :shocked:
Tell me - you took the pick-up, right ?

k-hawinkler

That's an awful lot of glass to carry around in your backpack, K-H ... :shocked:
Tell me - you took the pick-up, right ?
Thanks Bart, you are really too funny! :LOL:

I could have taken my 1 ton F350 4WD Ford pickup truck that has a 7.5 liter engine and extra cooling to pull extra heavy loads in 4 wheel drive low - but instead all I needed was my Toyota Corolla. :grin: BTW, one can drive up to and park right next to the TuVu roost tree. It's about 15 maybe 20 yards from the Visitor Center. :shocked: Most visitors will never know the vultures are there as the visitors leave when there is still daylight and the vultures return to the roost only for the night! :sleep:

You will have noticed the images were taken at different days, 3 with E-M1.2 by me and the one with the E-M5.2 by my son. Typically I only have one camera and one lens with me. When messing around with camera gear it's easy to miss the proceedings around the roost. Also the roost tree is just about a 15 minute drive from my house. :watch: So, it's easy for me to get to in the evening if I feel like it. :salute:

k-hawinkler

April 29, almost May Snow.
It started snowing between 5 and 6 AM this morning.
At around 9 AM it looked like this. The view from our Family Room.

E-M1.2 + 7-14/2.8 PRO @ 7mm

k-hawinkler

I like the fine detail in the foreground trees.

E-M1.2 + zoom tuna 90-250/2.8 @ 90 mm, ISO 3200, f/2.8, 1/1000 s.

k-hawinkler

The one and only Tulip in our backyard! Comes back year after year! :thumbup: :grin:

E-M1.2 + MMF-3 + EC-14 + 300/2.8 SHG @ 425 mm, ISO 1600, f/4, 1/2000 s. :banghead: But I like the image. :LOL:

Knorp

The one and only Tulip in our backyard! Comes back year after year! :thumbup: :grin:

E-M1.2 + MMF-3 + EC-14 + 300/2.8 SHG @ 425 mm, ISO 1600, f/4, 1/2000 s. :banghead: But I like the image. :LOL:
K-H, really ....
This is like shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun ... :ROTFL:

k-hawinkler

E-M1.2 + MMF-3 + EC-20 + big tuna 300/2.8 SHG @ 600 mm, ISO 6400, f/8, 1/2000 s, un-cropped, quarter-size linear resolution.

k-hawinkler

Rolling Silent Shutter Hummingbird Salute! :D

E-M1.2 + 300/4 PRO @ ISO 5000, f/5.6, 1/2000 s.

The fast moving tip of the Hummer's left wing must have been readout from the sensor at the same downward speed.
In other words, as the image of the wing tip moved downwards in the sensor from row to row, this very same sensor row was readout by the rolling silent shutter, no?

Will the Sony A9 do any better? :banghead:

mazor

I have the zuiko 50-200 non swd (got it for a superb bargain price ) and is works brilliantly on my e-m1 mk2. Wonder how much difference in performance between the swd and non swd

k-hawinkler

I have the zuiko 50-200 non swd (got it for a superb bargain price ) and is works brilliantly on my e-m1 mk2. Wonder how much difference in performance between the swd and non swd
Thanks razor. Please show us some images taken with your combination. With regards to your question, I have no idea. :facesmack:
Here is another image taken with my lens.

E-M1.2 + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD @ 200 mm.