The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

Knorp

Well Bart, I was in the process of updating with the card when I noticed a new version of Olympus Viewer 3 was available. So I went the traditional route. My E-M1.2 now runs FW 2.0. And the small focus area is back. :thumbs:
Aha great ! I know one happy camper here ... and No it's not me, but I'm happy for him !

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Updated the EM1.2 to FW 2.0 and 4/300 to FW 1.4.

Works so far as expected - will see what the AF improvements really bring especially with AF-C and the 4/300.

At least you have the feeling that you got a new camera/lens combo :toocool:

k-hawinkler

So, I also updated my E-M5.2 to version 4.0.

These are the changes:

• New art filter [Bleach Bypass] has been added.
• Focus Stacking has been added. ("M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO" is also compatible.)
• Corrected issue of autofocus (AF) function not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. (H-ES200)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic.

k-hawinkler

Updated the EM1.2 to FW 2.0 and 4/300 to FW 1.4.

Works so far as expected - will see what the AF improvements really bring especially with AF-C and the 4/300.

At least you have the feeling that you got a new camera/lens combo :toocool:

Thanks Peter. I followed your example and updated the 300/4 Pro lens to FW version 1.4. Are there any other lenses that need updating? TIA.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Thanks Peter. I followed your example and updated the 300/4 Pro lens to FW version 1.4. Are there any other lenses that need updating? TIA.
All my other lenses did not require an update (12-40, 40-150, 1.8/17, 2.8/60 and 1.8/75).

Best

Peter

Elderly

The VERY good news, and the confusing news .......

The VERY good news is that just after downloading and installing the updates to my body and lens,
we suffered a brief power cut, followed by a power surge which triggered the anti-surge shutting down my PC. I wonder what would have happened to my camera if the power cut and surge had happened during the procedure :bugeyes::mad: ?

The confusing news is that single focus box appears to still be the same size as before :banghead: :cry:

Knorp

The VERY good news, and the confusing news .......

The VERY good news is that just after downloading and installing the updates to my body and lens,
we suffered a brief power cut, followed by a power surge which triggered the anti-surge shutting down my PC. I wonder what would have happened to my camera if the power cut and surge had happened during the procedure :bugeyes::mad: ?

The confusing news is that single focus box appears to still be the same size as before :banghead: :cry:

The small focus box is absolutely there, but you have to select it !

Knorp

You, your PC and your camera were toast ... :facesmack:

Knorp

Yes, I thought I'd done that - The [.]s I presumed. Or is that wrong? :Luddite smiley:
I think [.] is the home location of your focus box (most of the time the middle of the screen).

Press Ok, select AF area, press Ok, turn front dial till you find the small focus box .. et violà !

Elderly

I think [.] is the home location of your focus box (most of the time the middle of the screen).

Press Ok, select AF area, press Ok, turn front dial till you find the small focus box .. et violà !
$1700 saved [SUP]for the moment[/SUP] but bad for the Panasonic share price - :thumbs: Thank you Bart :eek:.

Now to see IF the focus is constrained within the box and doesn't 'leak' to higher contrast areas close to and just outside of it :p

Knorp

Mmm, let me see: [.] is the normal focus box size (rectangular) and [.]s is the small focus box size [square].

Elderly

Mmm, let me see: [.] is the normal focus box size (rectangular) and [.]s is the small focus box size [square].
Hmmmmmmm :banghead: I now have the small square focus box in green, which is what I want :thumbup:
BUT, changing VIA THE MENU, I can't get the blue rectangular focus box if I wanted to -
which I don't :):grin:.

My problem earlier was trying to select the size of the box via the menu (where I failed)
but using your instruction to change the size via the SCP worked fine.

I do find this camera less intuitive than my ex Nikon FM2 :grin: