The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Olympus M.ZUIKO 45mm f/1.2 Aperture Series: Zion Sandstone, Dusk

https://diglloyd.com/blog/2018/20180506_1252-Olympus45f1_2-aseries-ZionSandstone.html

by our favorite Lloyd Chambers :LOL:
Maybe he got a bad copy of the 45/1.2 - his specialty is getting bad copies, no? :facesmack:

Enough said - but I like my Nocticron that I bought some time ago. :thumbup:
I cannot take this guy serious since long time!

Not keen to read anything published by him anymore :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Peter

k-hawinkler

Olympus E-M1MarkII
LENSOlympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0
ISO200
FOCAL LENGTH150.0 mm (150.0 mm in 35mm)
APERTUREf/5.6
EXPOSURE TIME0.00125s (1/800)

k-hawinkler

Bokeh

Olympus E-M1MarkII + ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 150.0 mm, APERTURE f/2.2, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0004s (1/2500).

k-hawinkler

Olympus E-M1MarkII + ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 150.0 mm, APERTURE f/2, EXPOSURE TIME 0.00031s (1/3200).

k-hawinkler

Young Blue Jay

Enjoying some drops from a Water Sprinkler

Olympus E-M1MarkII + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 150.0 mm, APERTURE f/4.5, EXPOSURE TIME 0.00156s (1/640).

k-hawinkler

Fall Colors • Olympus E-M1MarkII + ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0

Santa Fe Baldy and the Cottonwood Bosque along the meandering Rio Grande.

Truchas Peak and the Cottonwood Bosque along the meandering Rio Grande.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's when I see photos like the ones above I want to make another attempt with the E-M1 and buy the 150mm. What aperture did you use?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
It's when I see photos like the ones above I want to make another attempt with the E-M1 and buy the 150mm. What aperture did you use?
The EM1.2 is on sale now almost everywhere - here in Europe you can get a brand new one for under €1500.- which is 25% off the original price at launch some 20 months ago. So actually a good time to jump in that system again :cool:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The EM1.2 is on sale now almost everywhere - here in Europe you can get a brand new one for under €1500.- which is 25% off the original price at launch some 20 months ago. So actually a good time to jump in that system again :cool:
Based on previous experience with the E-M1, it's probably better for me to wait and see if the rumoured "super high end" Olympus will materialise, even if it will cost more. I'm also looking for at least 1080p/180, which makes the E-M1 II problematic compared to the GH5 (180 fps) and GH5s (240 fps). The E-M1 II doesn't offer anything higher than 60fps as far as I know, and from what I've read, the camera's 1080p isn't very impressive in any case, as opposed to the 4K.

k-hawinkler

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

The images were shot with f/13, ISO 200, and varying shutter speeds, handheld. The first image is a panorama of six shots. Here are the individual shots converted from raw with C1Pro.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Based on previous experience with the E-M1, it's probably better for me to wait and see if the rumoured "super high end" Olympus will materialise, even if it will cost more. I'm also looking for at least 1080p/180, which makes the E-M1 II problematic compared to the GH5 (180 fps) and GH5s (240 fps). The E-M1 II doesn't offer anything higher than 60fps as far as I know, and from what I've read, the camera's 1080p isn't very impressive in any case, as opposed to the 4K.
Let's hope for the Super High End Model then, albeit I fear that it will be in a 2k (hopefully not plus) price range.

What I am also hoping from this camera is finally a really high res EVF with 120 plus refresh rates :cool:

k-hawinkler

Let's hope for the Super High End Model then, albeit I fear that it will be in a 2k (hopefully not plus) price range.

What I am also hoping from this camera is finally a really high res EVF with 120 plus refresh rates :cool:
:thumbs: When? :watch: