The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
https://www.adorama.com/bmccp4k.htm...dy&utm_campaign=Email_Trade_Blackmagic_102318

Interesting:

Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Body Only with Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
It's a fascinating camera, like a budget GH5s without a viewfinder, but a 5" LCD. It's even more geared towards video with XLR contacts etc., but it lacks the all round capabilities of the Panasonic. I wouldn't count on it for stills photography, and it "only" shoots 120 fps slo mo (GH5s shoots 240 fps and the G9 and regular GH5 shoot 180). If you're into video production, it might be what you need though. I think it has the same sensor as the GH5s.

iiiNelson

It's a fascinating camera, like a budget GH5s without a viewfinder, but a 5" LCD. It's even more geared towards video with XLR contacts etc., but it lacks the all round capabilities of the Panasonic. I wouldn't count on it for stills photography, and it "only" shoots 120 fps slo mo (GH5s shoots 240 fps and the G9 and regular GH5 shoot 180). If you're into video production, it might be what you need though. I think it has the same sensor as the GH5s.
It can also shoot RAW and comes with DaVinci Resolve Studio ($300 value) but yes it’s extremely video focused. Results look really good from it as well (compared to other Micro 4/3 cameras) based on YouTube reviews.

k-hawinkler

EM1X looks still too big and bulky for my needs and understanding of m43 ....
Well, now that it has been announced, I find it unimpressive.
What's the point if it can't track my grandchildren or birds. :thumbdown: :loco: :facesmack:
There are better options for that IMHO.

Knorp

Well, now that it has been announced, I find it unimpressive.
What's the point if it can't track my grandchildren or birds. :thumbdown: :loco: :facesmack:
There are better options for that IMHO.
Agreed, but think of what it can do ! It can track anything on tracks !
Just joking and I’m sure it will be mended in future firmware.
Look what Sony is doing for your A9 ... :angel:

Knorp

Joking aside: I'm afraid we have to choose between a lame EM1X or a splendid GFX100s ... :facesmack::grin::chug::sleep:

:watch:

Knorp

After all, apart from the sensor (and price) the EM1X and GFX100s share the same dimensions ... :p

k-hawinkler

Joking aside: I'm afraid we have to choose between a lame EM1X or a splendid GFX100s ... :facesmack::grin::chug::sleep:

After all, apart from the sensor (and price) the EM1X and GFX100s share the same dimensions ... :p

Yup Bart, when you are right, you are right! :thumbs:

• So I am saving $3k by not buying an MFT camera. Thank you Olympus.

• I also don't have to buy a new Sony camera for more than $4k. Sony is basically giving me one for free with the firmware updates version 5.0 and 6.0 this Spring and Summer. Thank you Sony.

• I already saved close to $3k by buying GFX lenses on discount. Thank you Fuji.

So I am basically ready for the 100S - but will not preorder. I first want to see what Fujifilm comes up with. Also, I am having so much fun with my 50S. I don't think that will wear out anytime soon. :loco: :facesmack: :ROTFL: :LOL:

The derogatory German term for this thought process is "Milchmädchenrechnung". In this day in age it surely would be considered sexist as well and I better apologize for it. Sorry. :banghead: However, there are no Michmädchen around these days. IIRC they last were seen in the 1950s.

BTW my E-M1.2 still works just fine. Here is proof.

Olympus E-M1MarkII + M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 40.0 mm, APERTURE f/5.6, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0125s (1/80).

Oh the river down there, the Rio Grande, is about 1000 feet below the camera that took that image.. :grin:

Last edited:

PeterA

I've been following the Phase One saga on here - amazing what people will pay for 'stuff' that seems to be in beta all the time :loco:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

• I also don't have to buy a new Sony camera for more than $4k. Sony is basically giving me one for free with the firmware updates version 5.0 and 6.0 this Spring and Summer. Thank you Sony.

• I already saved close to $3k by buying GFX lenses on discount. Thank you Fuji.

So I am basically ready for the 100S - but will not preorder. I first want to see what Fujifilm comes up with. Also, I am having so much fun with my 50S. I don't think that will wear out anytime soon. :loco: :facesmack: :ROTFL: :LOL:

The derogatory German term for this thought process is "Milchmädchenrechnung". In this day in age it surely would be considered sexist as well and I better apologize for it. Sorry. :banghead: However, there are no Michmädchen around these days. IIRC they last were seen in the 1950s.

BTW my E-M1.2 still works just fine. Here is proof.

Olympus E-M1MarkII + M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 40.0 mm, APERTURE f/5.6, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0125s (1/80).

Oh the river down there, the Rio Grande, is about 1000 feet below the camera that took that image.. :grin:
Although I am not in that medium format game anymore Olympus with that EM1X also saved me €3000.-

I don't see what I cannot do with the EM1.2 and the lenses I already have.

Now these €3000.-can stay either saved or invested in a FF mirrorless system of choice - I am in no hurry at all, so I can choose from Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and maybe even Canon - who knows ....

Not sure though how Olympus thinks that they will survive the next 2-3 years with that strategy.

k-hawinkler

Although I am not in that medium format game anymore Olympus with that EM1X also saved me €3000.-

I don't see what I cannot do with the EM1.2 and the lenses I already have.

Now these €3000.-can stay either saved or invested in a FF mirrorless system of choice - I am in no hurry at all, so I can choose from Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and maybe even Canon - who knows ....

Not sure though how Olympus thinks that they will survive the next 2-3 years with that strategy.
Thanks Peter.
I wish Olympus well, but your skepticism unfortunately may well be justified! :facesmack:

Knorp

I like your reasoning here, K-H :thumbs: The Fuji sales were just amazing.
Presumably my dealer miscalculated its price, but I bought this brand new GF23/4 for only € 1699. That's a whopping € 1100 discount on the lens. Thank you very much dealer :salute:

But speaking of naive. What about "Frau Antje" (*1961) ? She's still among us, isn't she ?

V

Vivek

FWIW, even mädchen itself is better avoided unless used in close quarters and among family or friends.

k-hawinkler

FWIW, even mädchen itself is better avoided unless used in close quarters and among family or friends.
Thanks Vivek.
Oh, that's news to me. I have not been to Germany for many years.
Which word for Mädchen is acceptable now? TIA.

k-hawinkler

I like your reasoning here, K-H :thumbs: The Fuji sales were just amazing.
Presumably my dealer miscalculated its price, but I bought this brand new GF23/4 for only € 1699. That's a whopping € 1100 discount on the lens. Thank you very much dealer :salute:

But speaking of naive. What about "Frau Antje" (*1961) ? She's still among us, isn't she ?
Thanks Bart.
Current US list price for GF23: $2599.00, I paid discount: $1979.95.
I don't recall "Frau Antje" (*1961) ? Could you please provide some context? Maybe it will come back to me. TIA.