The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stacking Adapters? Any Nikon RFer Lens Adapters Yet?

wjlapier

I'm curious to know how well stacking adapters is working for some of you. I have a M>G1 adapter coming from SG, and I have Amedeo's Nikon to M adapter, so I'm hoping to stack these to try out my Nikon RFer lenses.

Also, anyone know if the Zeiss 21/4.5 Biogon ( 50's version ) can be used on the G1 with an adapter? If I had the M>G1 adapter I'd know the answer, but I'm curious to know now!

Thanx--Bill

I have 3 adapters stacked for using my 60/2.8 AF Macro on the G1: The Novoflex F-to-LTM adapter, the Leica LTM-to-M adapter, and the Novoflex M-to-MFT adapter. The reason was both availability at the time of purchase and the need to use the adapters for other purposes.

Since the adapter is a passive, purely mechanical component (a glorified plumbing connector), as long as the combination is rigid, secure, and the correct length, there are no problems whatsoever in stacking several of them.

The one difficulty in using the Nikon macro for general photography is the extremely steep focussing thread, making exact forcus of distant objects very finicky. But this is a common problem with macro lenses, and has nothing to do with the adapters. For closeups (and that´s what this lens is for), it works just great.

R

Ranger 9

Also, anyone know if the Zeiss 21/4.5 Biogon ( 50's version ) can be used on the G1 with an adapter? If I had the M>G1 adapter I'd know the answer, but I'm curious to know now!
Thanx--Bill
I'm just guessing, but I'll bet that the Biogon protrudes too deeply into the camera body. Normally you don't see it, but the G1 has a shutter just behind the plane of the electrical contact block. Anything that protrudes past that plane risks Really Bad Stuff happening.

Maybe the adapter stack would add enough thickness to be safe, but any lens that has parts that protrude past the light-baffle ring of the CQ/RQ adapter (or the rear edge of the RJ adapter) would make me want to tread very, very cautiously...

monza

I'm optimistic a Biogon will work, but measurements must be taken first. :)

This is Amedeo's Wide Contax adapter. No particular need for the helical-based adapter with external mount lenses.

And here is the adapter with helical. Note that the G1's focusing allows both Nikon and Contax lenses to work on the same adapter...something that can't be done on a typical M camera. Well, it can be done but focusing is inaccurate.

wjlapier

I'm optimistic a Biogon will work, but measurements must be taken first. :)

This is Amedeo's Wide Contax adapter. No particular need for the helical-based adapter with external mount lenses.

And here is the adapter with helical. Note that the G1's focusing allows both Nikon and Contax lenses to work on the same adapter...something that can't be done on a typical M camera. Well, it can be done but focusing is inaccurate.

I have the Wide Contax adapter--maybe you know that already ;) The fact that you can use Contax lenses on the G1 with the same adapter is good news. I might have to reconsider some Contax lenses I wouldn't normally.

The URL where those images are stored looks familiar :)

monza

:)

I'm curious about the Biogon. If the Biogon works, then the 35/1.8 Nikkor would work as well.

One more thing: Amedeo just bought a G1, so look for some direct adapters soon.

wjlapier

Here's a quick pic of the 21 Biogon in Amedeo's adapter. Rear sticks out ~10mm. If the rear element was near the inside of the G1 the ears would have to be removed ( they are in this pic ). First pic with my G1 and kit lens--manual focus is very easy!