The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GX80 files are looking good

biglouis

^^^^ Hot ^^^^

Your postings are a very good advert for the GX80. I must say, if I need a second body, this is what I would get.

LouisB

hot

I must say: GX80 is a fantastic camera ... I like my GH4, NX500, TZ81 for 4K ... but most GX80.
Stabilizer is 1a, "first camera" to use by hand ;)

GX80 is very small, has usual Pana-menu ... and has very low price. An EVF (like GX7 or GX8) would be fine,
but I can live with fixed EVF. Tiltable display is okay.

PS: I like my camera hand loops from China!

Last edited:

hot

Gx80

When it grows dark I'm sitting in front of my house and watch opening of HUNDREDs of blossoms
of "Nachtkerze/SunCup" (Oenothera). These hundred blossoms open within 5 minutes ... each plant
opens 5-10 blossoms/evening ... for some weeks. It looks like time lapse, but all happens in REAL TIME.
From small bud to blossom with 10cm diameter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oenothera

No flash, only one bulb at wall.

hot

GX80 video

Oenothera

Each blossom opens within 4 MINUTES, each evening ... 300 blossoms flourishing between 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Next morning they are withered, but at evening it begins again - day for day, whole July/August.Night butterflies are
visiting these blossoms with 8-10cm diameter.

Oenothera came to Europe 1614 from Mexico/CentralAmerica. Now there exists more then 70 variations of these
wonderful plants - yellow, red ... violet.

This video is NOT time lapse, 8 minutes REAL TIME

----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4FTZhwopw

raist3d

That's pretty crazy that it does so in only 4 minutes when you think about it... nice to have run the experiment.

- Ricardo

hot

Yes, astonishing ... each evening, whole July/August. Fastest flourishing flower in Europe.

polfilter

raist3d

Re: Gx80

Like the texture in the last shot, though a bit "stock photo" (nothing wrong if that's the intent). It must be nice to be shooting with a Panny/Leica contrasty lens and the no AA of this camera.

- Ricardo