The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GX80 files are looking good

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Maybe the GX8 already had these changes- I haven't been following it too close since it's just not my camera (too big).

- Ricardo
Interesting that you say that. The GX8 is big, but it's my D810 replacement, and I'm surprised how well the low ISO images keep up with the big Nikon. But Panasonic RAW files have always been good, and the lenses are just stellar :)

hot

Old, but good: GH4 - I've no desire for GH5 :)
Disadvantage: it's bigger than GX80! - I like GX80 more ... 1/3 of price, now 1/2 price!

przemur

Really like that camera, except maybe for the viewfinder (which is small, not very sharp and has bad aspect ratio, making it even smaller). Everything else is pretty amazing. I think it either has very weak AA filter or none (no issues with moire noticed yet).

I use it mainly as my pocket camera, frequently taking it when I ride bike. This allows me to capture thinks like these:

P1040135.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1020605-5.jpg

As they say - the best camera is the one you have with you. GX80 makes it quite achievable to have it nearby all the time