The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus m43rds losing screws?

raist3d

Just two weeks ago my OMD EM5 MKII had a piece of metal close to the hinge of the LCD, turns out it was a screw from it that was magnetically attracted and around it. Lucky I was that I didn't lose that screw.

After finding where it belonged- one of the screws on the LCD that faces the hinge, I have to admit I was surprised this screw fell off. Never had this happened with all the older 4/3rds equipment.

Using the proper small screwdriver, I re-attached it without much problem. As a precaution I decided to tighten all the screws if they felt a bit soft/lose.

I just also bumped into the 43rumors video talking about screws falling off the Olympus teleconverter (1.4x TC, m43rds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zuORnMwCY&feature=youtu.be

I really hope Olympus looks at this moving forward and avoids this happening. I don't have an EM1 but I keep reading from time to time about dials breaking? No idea, but on that camera that just should never happen.

Anyhow, other than that, I haven't seen issues I remember happening like the rubber grips falling off my OMD EM5 MKII, so that seems improved over old 4/3rds.

- Ricardo

mediumcool

Just two weeks ago my OMD EM5 MKII had a piece of metal close to the hinge of the LCD, turns out it was a screw from it that was magnetically attracted and around it. Lucky I was that I didn't lose that screw.
Ricardo
Loctite?