Site Sponsors

Thread: Olympus m43rds losing screws?

Post Thanks / Like

Olympus m43rds losing screws?

Just two weeks ago my OMD EM5 MKII had a piece of metal close to the hinge of the LCD, turns out it was a screw from it that was magnetically attracted and around it. Lucky I was that I didn't lose that screw.

After finding where it belonged- one of the screws on the LCD that faces the hinge, I have to admit I was surprised this screw fell off. Never had this happened with all the older 4/3rds equipment.

Using the proper small screwdriver, I re-attached it without much problem. As a precaution I decided to tighten all the screws if they felt a bit soft/lose.

I just also bumped into the 43rumors video talking about screws falling off the Olympus teleconverter (1.4x TC, m43rds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zu...ature=youtu.be

I really hope Olympus looks at this moving forward and avoids this happening. I don't have an EM1 but I keep reading from time to time about dials breaking? No idea, but on that camera that just should never happen.

Anyhow, other than that, I haven't seen issues I remember happening like the rubber grips falling off my OMD EM5 MKII, so that seems improved over old 4/3rds.

- Ricardo
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Olympus m43rds losing screws?

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Just two weeks ago my OMD EM5 MKII had a piece of metal close to the hinge of the LCD, turns out it was a screw from it that was magnetically attracted and around it. Lucky I was that I didn't lose that screw.
    Ricardo
    Loctite?