The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3 lenses on m4/3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Well, there seems to be another version of this lens (L-RS014050), that is compatible with the EM1II.
That's the f/3.8-5.6 version. It was designed so late that the AF system was prepared for the contrast detect AF of mirrorless cameras. I've never used it, but from what I've heard, it should be as sharp and as "nice" as the original, faster lens, only around one stop slower throughout the zoom range.

The L-ES014050 was the kit lens for the 7MP L1, while the L-RS014050 was the kit lens for the cheaper, 10MP L10.

Irenaeus

I'm sorry, it does look Not Good: if your lens is type L-ES014050 this is what I've found on the Panasonic website:
Thanks, Bart, you've nailed it. That number you gave is exactly what's on my Panasonic 14 to 50! A disappointment, and I’m not exactly sure what I'll do going forward, but for the time being, I brought three other lenses with me on this vacation: an FT Olympus 11-22mm/2.8-3.5, an FT Olympus 50mm/2.0 and an mFT Panasonic 20mm/ 2.0, so I do have backup.

Thanks so much for spotting this; at least I won't waste time trying to fix the unfixable! Thanks to the rest of you for chiming in, too. It's nice not to be entirely alone when problems like this surface!

Cheers & best to all,

Irenaeus
aka Tom Turnbull

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart, you've nailed it. That number you gave is exactly what's on my Panasonic 14 to 50! A disappointment, and I’m not exactly sure what I'll do going forward, but for the time being, I brought three other lenses with me on this vacation: an FT Olympus 11-22mm/2.8-3.5, an FT Olympus 50mm/2.0 and an mFT Panasonic 20mm/ 2.0, so I do have backup.

Thanks so much for spotting this; at least I won't waste time trying to fix the unfixable! Thanks to the rest of you for chiming in, too. It's nice not to be entirely alone when problems like this surface!

Cheers & best to all,

Irenaeus
aka Tom Turnbull
How does it not work? Is it only the AF, or is there no electronic contact at all?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
According to someone on Dpreview all he gets is a 'black screen' : Panasonic Leica 14-50 f2.8-3.5 with EM1 II

I find it amazing that a follow-up model loses backwards compatibility.
It seems to be the one freak combination.
I actually find this pretty disturbing, and it's difficult to see why it should be a problem. If it isn't corrected with a firmware upgrade, one can start wondering which lens is next. It's a pity that the GH5 doesn't have phase detect AF.

neilvan

I haven't seen this type of rainbow before, it appeared to be blanketing the hillside. No photo manipulation here either, just minor contrast and white balance adjustments of the .ORF file in DXO. There are some strange optical illusions in the background as well...

Zuiko 90-250 - EM1.2

k-hawinkler

Steller's Jay

Olympus E-M1MarkII + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:2.8 @ ISO 800, FOCAL LENGTH 300.0 mm, APERTURE f/4, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0005s (1/2000).

Olympus E-M1MarkII + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:2.8 @ ISO 640, FOCAL LENGTH 300.0 mm, APERTURE f/4, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0005s (1/2000).

monk

Missed this one:

Olympus E-M1 MarkII with SIGMA 50-500mm F4-6.3 DG HSM through an MMF-3 adaptor.

This is the best I managed to get hand-held at 500mm focal length.

1/500s, f/9.0, ISO:200, FL:500mm

These images have to have been captured at Wings Over Wanaka, amirite? Bravo!

Knorp

eavesdropping (the details for gandolfi) ...

| Olympus E-M1-II | MMF-3 | Zuiko 150mm f/2.0 |

Antonio Correia

I bought recently an Oly 5 Mark II
I have been using Panasonic GX7 for a couple of years now. Perhaps 5 after I left the cumbersome and heavy Canon equipment
Now the 5 II is something quite interesting and I am very happy with it. Here are 3 images I shot with it and using different lenses

Last edited: