The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3 lenses on m4/3

Knorp

when police drove in style ...

| Panasonic DC-G9 | DMW-MA1 | D Summilux 1:1.4/25 ASPH. |

AlanS

Can someone help me? My G9 does not remember what f stop was set on my 12-60 4/3rd lens when I switch off and on! It works fine on my GX80, perhaps I am missing a setting on the G9, but I can find no reference in the manual.
Thanks in advance,
Alan.

Antonio Correia

Can someone help me? My G9 does not remember what f stop was set on my 12-60 4/3rd lens when I switch off and on! It works fine on my GX80, perhaps I am missing a setting on the G9, but I can find no reference in the manual.
Thanks in advance,
Alan.
Have you tried with speed priority for example ?

I vaguely remember there a setting for this. I am bit confused now because I use an Olympus with more complex menus and I have a G7...

AlanS

Thanks Antonio, I should have said I was using aperture priority mode. I tried shutter priority and it remembered the speed, so tried aperture priority again and it now works! I have no idea what has changed!

Knorp

Thanks in advance,
Alan.
Mmm, there seems to be no such setting indeed, only a setting for power zoom lenses to keep the zoom and focus values.
Just tested a couple of times with my 4/3rds PL 25/1.4 and Oly 14-35/2.0, but every time the G9 remembers the set aperture even after taking out the battery.

Is it resuming to the same aperture every time or is it just random ?

Ah too late- problem already solved apparently ... :thumbs:

AlanS

Thanks for the input Bart, seems to be working ok, but we will see. I would have thought that the camera remembering last settings was a no brainer! :banghead:

bensonga

I am very late to discovering and looking at the wonderful images on this thread. I suppose it is because for the longest time I did not give any thought to Four Thirds lenses, not until I saw the Oly 150/2 “Little Tuna” images posted by Bart and K-H on other threads on this forum.

I am still testing and enjoying my recently acquired 150/2 on the E-5. That FT lens will be joined by a 14-35/2, 35-100/2 and 7-14/4 this week. At some point in the future, I’ll move from testing these fine lenses on the E-5 to trying them on my E-M1.1 and E-M1X. I will then post a few of the images here.

Gary

Last edited:

Knorp

I am very late to discovering and looking at the wonderful images on this thread. I suppose it is becuase for the longest time I did not give any thought to Four Thirds lenses, not until I saw the Oly 150/2 “Little Tuna” images posted by Bart and K-H on other threads on this forum.

I am still testing and enjoying my recently acquired 150/2 on the E-5. That FT lens will be joined by a 14-35/2, 35-100/2 and 7-14/4 this week. At some point in the future, I’ll move from testing these fine lenses on the E-5 to trying them on my E-M1.1 and E-M1X. I will then post a few of the images here.

Gary
You know what they say: "better late, than never ... " :grin:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your images with that 35-100/2. My longtime object of "eyeing" ... :rolleyes:

Brgds.