The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica d vario–elmarit 2.8-3.5 / 14 - 50

rollsman44

Anyone using this lens on a OLY body ? I want this lens and Not sure which Camera Body works best. Also, NEED to Have AF. Thank you

Knorp

You may check thread "4/3 lenses on m4/3" to find your answer.
But I'd say an E-M1 and MMF-3 adapter should work fine.

Kind regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Anyone using this lens on a OLY body ? I want this lens and Not sure which Camera Body works best. Also, NEED to Have AF. Thank you
What Bart said. It's the lens I use 90% of the time. It used to be around a thousand dollars, now you can get it for well under half. The quality is still that of a thousand dollar lens. It's my favourite zoom lens with a very large margin to whatever comes next.

It's great for portraits as well. Here's one taken with the L1 that came with the lens, probably at 50mm and f/3.5:

And btw., it's not working "fine". It's working Great.

It works best on the E-M1, since that's the only m4/3 body with phase detect AF. I did however use it with success on the Panasonic GH2 and GH3 for a few years. AF is slower then, but workable. The aperture ring of the lens works only with Panasonic bodies.

Godfrey

This lens is a wonderful match to my ancient Olympus E-1 as it adds image stabilization and extends the E-1's range nicely. It was, of course, an excellent choice on the Panasonic L1 it ships with.

The aperture ring works on all Panasonic bodies and not on Olympus bodies. Not a big deal, though.

It never appealed to me using it with the Panasonic G1 as it was too large and heavy for the body—poor balance; I don't recall whether the AF worked on that body.

It would work best now with the E-M1 fitted with battery grip and mount adapter due to the PDAF support, and the overall weight and balance of the package would be good.

G

rollsman44

Which adaptor will I need with this lens? I have NOT purchased this lens yet so I am trying to see if this the best way to go and Get Excellent IQ from that lens? Any other suggestions. I like the lens and need as much info before I get into this system Thank you

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Which adaptor will I need with this lens? I have NOT purchased this lens yet so I am trying to see if this the best way to go and Get Excellent IQ from that lens? Any other suggestions. I like the lens and need as much info before I get into this system Thank you
Olympus MMF-1, MMF-2 and MMF-3 will all work, as will Panasonic DMW-MA1. All are metal, except the lightweight MMF-2. MMF-3 is weather-proof (but this lens isn't). I use the Panasonic and have never had a problem. Electronics are supposed to be identical an all of these.