The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fast wide PL 12/1.4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That diminutive GM5 with the quite good 12-32 and 35-100mm zooms and a small and fast prime in the bag makes for an excellent travel combo.
Exactly my plan. I have the GM5 already, and will buy the two lenses mentioned above plus the 42.5mm f/1.7. That's body with viewfinder, lenses that cover 24-200mm eqv. plus a portrait lens, all image stabilised within 550 grams.

V

Vivek

Exactly my plan. I have the GM5 already, and will buy the two lenses mentioned above plus the 42.5mm f/1.7. That's body with viewfinder, lenses that cover 24-200mm eqv. plus a portrait lens, all image stabilised within 550 grams.
GM1 with the two zooms and 20/1.7 (plus two extra batts). A package with full of compromise. Only for IR though. They go with me along with my RX1R II.

I hope there will be GM1/5 sized body with a real shutter and full functionality soon.

lbloom

I have generally belonged to the camp that feels that Micro 4/3 lenses really only make sense if they are small.

The lens that bent that reasoning was the PL 42.5/1.2 Nocticron. That lens is special in a way that makes it exceptional independent of format. I want to shoot it all the time anyway. It is technically sound, yes, but also deliciously organic rather than sterile. It's near the top of the many 85-90 mm equivalent lenses I have used.

So my curiosity about the new 12/1.4 stems from the same place. It's generally large, which starts it off at a significant disadvantage. However, I am curious to establish over time if the rendering is at a commensurately high level. That would make it like catnip.