The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Glorious Hybrid Panasonic GH5

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I kind of expect it to be a killer camera when it comes to video. The big question mark for me will be if it has hybrid AF like the E-M1. I doubt it will offer IBIS as that makes cooling of the sensor more difficult, but one can always dream.

I wonder what the 6K rumour is about. Even with an oversized sensor (a la GH1/2), a m4/3 camera won't be capable of more than 5.5K if it's 20MP in 4/3 format.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I kind of expect it to be a killer camera when it comes to video. The big question mark for me will be if it has hybrid AF like the E-M1. I doubt it will offer IBIS as that makes cooling of the sensor more difficult, but one can always dream.

I wonder what the 6K rumour is about. Even with an oversized sensor (a la GH1/2), a m4/3 camera won't be capable of more than 5.5K if it's 20MP in 4/3 format.
The EM1m2 is expected to have 4k as well and it will most definitely have IBIS - so somehow the heating problem must be solvable.

Anyway I am really looking forward to these 2 new m43 announcements (Olympus and Panasonic) as this determines the future of this format at least for me. I could see myself going the GH5 route in the future if certain features like IBIS would be implemented .... there are a bunch of really great Panasonic/Leica m43 lenses available that would certainly fit my desires and needs - aka 15 or 42 or 100-400.

sjg284

GH5 with 5-axis GX85 caliber IBIS and any 1 of the following would probably be a buy for me
- 4K 10bit internal
- 4K 60fps internal

Definitely a buy if 4K 10bit 60fps internal!
6K is icing on the cake, but only if one/both of the above are already covered..