http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Glorious Hybrid Panasonic GH5

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I kind of expect it to be a killer camera when it comes to video. The big question mark for me will be if it has hybrid AF like the E-M1. I doubt it will offer IBIS as that makes cooling of the sensor more difficult, but one can always dream.

I wonder what the 6K rumour is about. Even with an oversized sensor (a la GH1/2), a m4/3 camera won't be capable of more than 5.5K if it's 20MP in 4/3 format.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    I kind of expect it to be a killer camera when it comes to video. The big question mark for me will be if it has hybrid AF like the E-M1. I doubt it will offer IBIS as that makes cooling of the sensor more difficult, but one can always dream.

I wonder what the 6K rumour is about. Even with an oversized sensor (a la GH1/2), a m4/3 camera won't be capable of more than 5.5K if it's 20MP in 4/3 format.
    The EM1m2 is expected to have 4k as well and it will most definitely have IBIS - so somehow the heating problem must be solvable.

Anyway I am really looking forward to these 2 new m43 announcements (Olympus and Panasonic) as this determines the future of this format at least for me. I could see myself going the GH5 route in the future if certain features like IBIS would be implemented .... there are a bunch of really great Panasonic/Leica m43 lenses available that would certainly fit my desires and needs - aka 15 or 42 or 100-400.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH5 with 5-axis GX85 caliber IBIS and any 1 of the following would probably be a buy for me
    - 4K 10bit internal
    - 4K 60fps internal

Definitely a buy if 4K 10bit 60fps internal!
    6K is icing on the cake, but only if one/both of the above are already covered..
    blog
    steve
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally more details on the GH5

https://www.slrlounge.com/panasonics...-leica-lenses/

Pretty interesting especially for filmmakers, although with it's "only" 18MP sensor I personally tend to prefer the EM1m2 as a photography tool with at least 20MP. But I can understand that Panasonic wanted obviously to optimize the GH5 for video.