Site Sponsors

Thread: G1-OUFRO-90mm AA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

G1-OUFRO-90mm AA

Since no one will buy my 90mm I have been playing with it on the G1 and the OUFRO extender. Does anyone know the the formula to calculate minimum focus distance for this? I plan to do some macro work. The bokeh is wonderful with this set up and easy to focus, though I can see where a tripod will be necessary. This was handheld, 800 ISO, f/2. The background is a textured wall. But is very smooth with this set up. About 8 inches away from the magazine. Focus was on the word The. Not sure I sized it right. I am not experienced in web photo posting. Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: G1-OUFRO-90mm AA

Photo at f/5.6 Still very smooth background. This is going to be fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Photo at f/5.6 Still very smooth background. This is going to be fun!
    Interesting pictures. For such macros a tripod will bring a great improvement so that you can use lower ISO. The pictures, especially the first one, seems a bit noisy
    Peter Werner
    Leica M8, R9+DMR & Digilux 2; Nikon D700; Panasonic FX01, FX150 & G1; Samsung TL350 (WB 2000)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Noisy because they were handheld at ISO 800. I was testing the focus distance with the OUFRO and was guessing. Well aware that macros and tripods go together. I have noise reduction turned off. Still surprised at the noise, though. I rarely shoot over 400. Mostly 100 or 200. When I get some serious macro time we will see how effective this set up is.