The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Olympus EM1 Mark II coming soon

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I'd expect them to come up with a new version of the 40-150mm f/2.8 as well, with in-lens IS. Although I'm not a big fan of that lens, dual IS would increase the usability a lot.

As for image quality improvement, it's very interesting to compare the new cameras with those that were launched only three years ago. The improvements are really substantial, and the advantages of full frame will be relevant to an increasingly small group of photographers. Will I buy an E-M1 II? Maybe in a year or two, when there are second hand copies available :)
I doubt that the 40-150 will be replaced with a new version, but you never know. I love this lens and never had the demand for dual IS.

The IQ of these new cameras is meanwhile really outstanding and despite higher resolution a D810 or even a D820 offers there is really not much other. Rather contrary the latest m43 top range cameras have gained so many features that in general they are even becoming superior to the old dinosaurs as they can now fully play out the advantages of mirrorless and smaller sensor - aka smaller and cheaper lenses!

bavanor

I have had the Em1 mkii for a couple of weeks now. And boy am I enjoying it. I am coming from the EM5, and I have to say, what an upgrade. The dynamic range has increased, go here for some examples These are some photos from the Women's March in Montana. It was a very sunny day, with snow on the ground and lots of shadows. With the em5 I would of either lost the highlights or shadows. The em1 mkii was able to bring down hightlights and recover the shadows. And this was with jpg mode (even though I meant to save in RAW format, I set something wrong and the whole day was shot in jpegs).

As I use the camera more I will comment, but for right now, I feel reinvigorated in my photography.

Aaron