The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the trending aspect ratio

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks Matt. I agree, go for it.
IMHO that thread should be located in a none-camera-company-specific root.
As should be this thread.

Maybe an admin could help us and relocate this thread and split it. TIA.
I couldn't admin my way out of a paper bag, but if you go to The Sunset Lounge (the one that Steen's always raving about:)) and start a new thread called 'Fun with Accidents' or whatever, that would do it.

The Sunset Lounge is non-specific, in fact it's so laid back and non-specific sometimes you hardly notice it's there:).

I would start it myself, but being an accident agnostic, I would have nothing to put in it:)

Knorp

I don't see how. It came straight out of the camera and displays in portrait orientation in Preview and on Flickr. What's to change?

scott
Perhaps it's a setting in the camera, dunno. But I have to open the JPEG in my editor (C1), turn it 90 degrees so it's in portrait orientation again and save it.

scott kirkpatrick

This is getting even weirder. I examined the jpeg in C1 and it is damaged in some way, showing up as if split in the middle and then reflected. The RAF that I shot at the same time is good, and in fact is cropped to the 16:9 proportions. (When I shot in this ratio using Olympus, the ORF file was full-sized.) Other shots that I took just before have no problems. I wrote both RAF and JPEG to the same chip.

scott

Knorp

I noticed you've managed to correct the orientation, but your cat is definitely in shock now ... :grin: