The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware upgrade problem on Panasonic G85

Good morning all

I am trying to update the body firmware on a new Panasonic G85 from V1.0 to V1.1. I have downloaded the V1.1 FW to a SD card (in the root directory after formatting it in the camera) as directed. Firmware is the same size on the card as was downloaded and extracted (from a zip) to my hard disk from the Panasonic web site, a 76.7mb bin file. I insert the SD card in the camera and it fails to update. FW updates were automatic once you inserted the card on my old Panasonic G1. The SD card has both read and write permission and I tried two different cards. There is nothing in the basic owners manual about updating FW. Am I doing something wrong or just having a senior moment?

Thanks
Paul

Thank you Bart

Basically the process is: With a fully charged battery, format the SD card in the camera and install the correct upgrade FW on the card at the root level via the Panasonic FW upgrade site. Plug the SD card into the camera and turn it on. Press the Playback button (as though you were about to review your photos) and follow the prompts. I am so glad I was not having a senior moment. You're a good egg and I owe you a beer. The G85 is pretty impressive and I like it a lot, it even makes my 20mm f/1.7 autofocus faster.

Paul

Last edited: