The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Replacement lens hood for Oly 40-150 f/2.8 Pro

etrigan63

I am in the process of acquiring this fine lens, but I have heard horror stories about the bundled lens hood falling apart (one from Scott Bourne, no less) and I am on the preemptive hunt for a replacement. I remember using a Mamiya M77 No 2 rubber lens hood (77mm threads) on a Tamron 70-200mm SP and have yet to encounter a rubber lens hood of that caliber. Sadly, the Mamiya M77 No 2 is out of production. Can any of you recommend a product of similar quality? I realize that a 72-77mm step up ring is needed.

Knorp

There is a B+W rubber lens hood in 77mm.

FWIW still have my original 40-150/2.8 lens hood since December 2014.

bensonga

I am in the process of acquiring this fine lens, but I have heard horror stories about the bundled lens hood falling apart (one from Scott Bourne, no less) and I am on the preemptive hunt for a replacement. I remember using a Mamiya M77 No 2 rubber lens hood (77mm threads) on a Tamron 70-200mm SP and have yet to encounter a rubber lens hood of that caliber. Sadly, the Mamiya M77 No 2 is out of production. Can any of you recommend a product of similar quality? I realize that a 72-77mm step up ring is needed.
Hi Carlos,

You can still get a new M77 No. 2 lens hood from this ebay seller. I have bought quite a few Mamiya 645/7II/RZ67/TLR items from them over the past few years.

Mamiya RB / RZ LENS HOOD (50/65/90/110/127/140/150/180/210/250mm) [ PICK ONE ]

Gary