The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Michiel Schierbeek

Time to put some new life in this thread. Went out wit my VC Nokton on my new Jinfinance adapter. Focus on infinity is not perfect.
Fits very nice on the G1 and it is not bigger as the kitlens.
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

From behind the iron curtain.

On a fleamarket I walked into a 50mm 2.8 "aus Jena" zebra lens in Exakta mount for € 6.-

Adam's favourite garment! :angel:

E

elstudio

Here's mine, shot with a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5. The lens arrived today (a birthday present!). Wide open, no crop.

Iris Swirl

f6cvalkyrie

Today, two close-ups of a spider. First time in my life that I take pictures of insects ! Maybe, it will be time for a macrolens :confused:

Both pics made with nikon 50mm f1.4

Enjoy your day off !
Rafael

Diane B

Panasonic G1 + Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/500 sec

flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3551435307/
A quite interesting one that I like. Being able to discern those very subtle tones around the head may make a difference for some folks. Its just very graphic--and I like it very much.

Just a bit ago, on the 40 f/1.8 thread, I started to post that I found it interesting that I rarely shot with a similar FOV with my 5D or my other Canon bodies (similar as far as a prime goes would be my 85 f/1.8 for the 5D). I found I was about to lie LOL--when I did a metadata search in LR. How soon we forget LOL.

Diane

Last edited:

Godfrey

A quite interesting one that I like. Being able to discern those very subtle tones around the head may make a difference for some folks. Its just very graphic--and I like it very much.

Just a bit ago, on the 40 f/1.8 thread, I started to post that I found it interesting that I rarely shot with a similar FOV with my 5D or my other Canon bodies (similar as far as a prime goes would be my 85 f/1.8 for the 5D). I found I was about to lie LOL--when I did a metadata search in LR. How soon we forget LOL.
Thanks Diane!

This FoV ... short-portrait tele or around 80mm on 135 format ... has been one of my favorites for many years. I shot with a Nikon FM using just an 85 and a 35 mm lens exclusively for nearly two years, once upon a time! :)

apicius9

Aloha,

these are not really worthy of being published here, they are just the first shots using the new Leica R - MFT adapter from JR with my trusty old 50mm Summicron - works just fine, infinity is also perfect. Pictures at f2.0, jpgs straight from the camera, one in the shade, one in the sun.

Stefan

woodyspedden

I shot 4 frames of the Columbine with the G1 and Oly 50 f/2 macro and blended them with Helicon Focus.
Cindy

You are a genius with the flower shots. You have a wonderful eye and thus your images have great composition and the colors are just wonderful.

It is so interesting to me that the color palette of the G1may be the best in the industry (DSLR's) today. I love my D3X (just getting used to it actually) but the color palette is not as subtle as the G1.

Great stuff girl

Woody

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy

You are a genius with the flower shots. You have a wonderful eye and thus your images have great composition and the colors are just wonderful.

It is so interesting to me that the color palette of the G1may be the best in the industry (DSLR's) today. I love my D3X (just getting used to it actually) but the color palette is not as subtle as the G1.

Great stuff girl

Woody
Thank you, Woody. That is quite a compliment coming from you.
I just love the G1. It makes macro a breeze. When I shot the 4 frames, I was able to magnify in on just the points that I wanted to target and leave the background OOF.

jonoslack

Just popped in to look
Lots of lovely shots.
Godfrey - the two black and whites are fabulous
Cindy - love the columbines - excellent.
Raf - I think you'd better buy that macro lens!